Nike designer mocks Derrick Rose’s injury, connects it to signing with Adidas, because people are terrible
Apr 29, 2012, 11:28 AM EST
Update: The designer, who built LeBron’s shoes, I might add, has apologized on Twitter.
Wow!Twitterverse I do apologize.It was really just tongue n cheek! Never meant any harm or disrespect!
— Jason Petrie (@sevenzro1) April 29, 2012
Saturday night after Derrick Rose tore his ACL and was rendered out for the season, a Nike designer tweeted the following regarding Derrick Roe and his association with adidas:
You got one guy only getting stronger, and one guy breaking down before our very eyes. You chose poorly Pooh… #shouldasignedwithNIKE #GWS
See, the hashtag is nice, because we couldn’t pick up what he was trying to say otherwise. It clearly designates his position on the issue. Granted, he’s the only person on the planet who would connect which shoe company he chose with a series of injuries, but still, it’s nice that he gave the blueprint for just what he was trying to say. The most amazing part? As of 11:20 a.m. on Sunday morning, after Yahoo! Sports posted on it, he still hasn’t deleted the tweets.
Not only that, but cruise on over to that Yahoo! link and check out his defense of his position. He’s playing the “I”m outlandish and if y’all don’t like it, too bad!” card which works, if, you know, you’re a civil rights activist or even a shock jock radio host. But if you’re some dude on the internet that’s making fun of a player for enduring a serious injury when you work for a company that deals with professional athletes, that’s not such a good look.
Rose suffered a terrible injury. It’s a freak injury. These things happen to Nike guys, to Gatorade guys, to Powerade guys, to everyone. And this approach isn’t going to win him any favors with anyone… least of all his bosses at Nike.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7