Apr 28, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
The injury news for the league keeps getting worse. After Derrick Rose‘s injury against the Sixers, Knicks guard Iman Shumpert went down with a nasty looking injury in the third quarter of Game 1 vs. the Heat.
Shumpert’s knee appeared to buckle off of no contact on a routine jump landing, and he immediately crumpled to the floor in obvious pain. He was eventually helped to the locker room by training staff. ESPN’s Lisa Salters later reported that both the Heat and Knicks trainers were treating him in the locker room.
We’ll update you when we know more.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4