Apr 28, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
The injury news for the league keeps getting worse. After Derrick Rose‘s injury against the Sixers, Knicks guard Iman Shumpert went down with a nasty looking injury in the third quarter of Game 1 vs. the Heat.
Shumpert’s knee appeared to buckle off of no contact on a routine jump landing, and he immediately crumpled to the floor in obvious pain. He was eventually helped to the locker room by training staff. ESPN’s Lisa Salters later reported that both the Heat and Knicks trainers were treating him in the locker room.
We’ll update you when we know more.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18