Apr 28, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
The injury news for the league keeps getting worse. After Derrick Rose‘s injury against the Sixers, Knicks guard Iman Shumpert went down with a nasty looking injury in the third quarter of Game 1 vs. the Heat.
Shumpert’s knee appeared to buckle off of no contact on a routine jump landing, and he immediately crumpled to the floor in obvious pain. He was eventually helped to the locker room by training staff. ESPN’s Lisa Salters later reported that both the Heat and Knicks trainers were treating him in the locker room.
We’ll update you when we know more.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)