Apr 28, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
The injury news for the league keeps getting worse. After Derrick Rose‘s injury against the Sixers, Knicks guard Iman Shumpert went down with a nasty looking injury in the third quarter of Game 1 vs. the Heat.
Shumpert’s knee appeared to buckle off of no contact on a routine jump landing, and he immediately crumpled to the floor in obvious pain. He was eventually helped to the locker room by training staff. ESPN’s Lisa Salters later reported that both the Heat and Knicks trainers were treating him in the locker room.
We’ll update you when we know more.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19