Apr 28, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Update: Via Bulls PR: “Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he is out for the remainder of the season.” If you want more details, Aggrey Sam has them at CSNChicago.com.
This is terrible for everyone who loves basketball. The Bulls still might win this season but it changes the entire playoff picture in the East.
Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered an apparent knee injury against the Philadelphia 76ers in the fourth quarter of their NBA Playoffs Game 1 vs. the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday. Rose leaped in the air and came down. There was no contact on the play.
Rose was helped off the floor by Bulls trainers and headed immediately for the locker room. TNT reported that Rose has been taken to a local hospital for an MRI. Rose scored 23 points and had 9 rebounds with 9 assists when he was injured. He started the game 1-7 from the field before warming up and hitting 8-16.We’ll update you with more when we have it.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7