Apr 28, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Update: Via Bulls PR: “Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he is out for the remainder of the season.” If you want more details, Aggrey Sam has them at CSNChicago.com.
This is terrible for everyone who loves basketball. The Bulls still might win this season but it changes the entire playoff picture in the East.
Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered an apparent knee injury against the Philadelphia 76ers in the fourth quarter of their NBA Playoffs Game 1 vs. the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday. Rose leaped in the air and came down. There was no contact on the play.
Rose was helped off the floor by Bulls trainers and headed immediately for the locker room. TNT reported that Rose has been taken to a local hospital for an MRI. Rose scored 23 points and had 9 rebounds with 9 assists when he was injured. He started the game 1-7 from the field before warming up and hitting 8-16.We’ll update you with more when we have it.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32