Apr 28, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Update: Via Bulls PR: “Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he is out for the remainder of the season.” If you want more details, Aggrey Sam has them at CSNChicago.com.
This is terrible for everyone who loves basketball. The Bulls still might win this season but it changes the entire playoff picture in the East.
Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered an apparent knee injury against the Philadelphia 76ers in the fourth quarter of their NBA Playoffs Game 1 vs. the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday. Rose leaped in the air and came down. There was no contact on the play.
Rose was helped off the floor by Bulls trainers and headed immediately for the locker room. TNT reported that Rose has been taken to a local hospital for an MRI. Rose scored 23 points and had 9 rebounds with 9 assists when he was injured. He started the game 1-7 from the field before warming up and hitting 8-16.We’ll update you with more when we have it.
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 21
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 17
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 22
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 3