Apr 28, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Update: Via Bulls PR: “Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he is out for the remainder of the season.” If you want more details, Aggrey Sam has them at CSNChicago.com.
This is terrible for everyone who loves basketball. The Bulls still might win this season but it changes the entire playoff picture in the East.
Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered an apparent knee injury against the Philadelphia 76ers in the fourth quarter of their NBA Playoffs Game 1 vs. the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday. Rose leaped in the air and came down. There was no contact on the play.
Rose was helped off the floor by Bulls trainers and headed immediately for the locker room. TNT reported that Rose has been taken to a local hospital for an MRI. Rose scored 23 points and had 9 rebounds with 9 assists when he was injured. He started the game 1-7 from the field before warming up and hitting 8-16.We’ll update you with more when we have it.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32