Apr 28, 2012, 3:11 PM EDT
Garnett saying the hard times builds character is odd, but understandable. This team genuinely still loves playing together, which is impressive after five years together. It’s talked about as if this is the last ride for this team, but were they to win the title, who’s to say they wouldn’t return to defend? Rondo talking about how the players came in and believed that they would win the title is pivotal as well.
Veteran teams have a self-awareness of whether they can really push for a title. That the team believed it can win, that makes something different in how they approach it. It means less going through the motions, it means more focus, once they got their legs under them. No one expects the Celtics to make the championship. But listening to these guys talk, you have to wonder… why not?
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70