Apr 28, 2012, 3:11 PM EDT
Garnett saying the hard times builds character is odd, but understandable. This team genuinely still loves playing together, which is impressive after five years together. It’s talked about as if this is the last ride for this team, but were they to win the title, who’s to say they wouldn’t return to defend? Rondo talking about how the players came in and believed that they would win the title is pivotal as well.
Veteran teams have a self-awareness of whether they can really push for a title. That the team believed it can win, that makes something different in how they approach it. It means less going through the motions, it means more focus, once they got their legs under them. No one expects the Celtics to make the championship. But listening to these guys talk, you have to wonder… why not?
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20