Apr 28, 2012, 3:11 PM EST
Garnett saying the hard times builds character is odd, but understandable. This team genuinely still loves playing together, which is impressive after five years together. It’s talked about as if this is the last ride for this team, but were they to win the title, who’s to say they wouldn’t return to defend? Rondo talking about how the players came in and believed that they would win the title is pivotal as well.
Veteran teams have a self-awareness of whether they can really push for a title. That the team believed it can win, that makes something different in how they approach it. It means less going through the motions, it means more focus, once they got their legs under them. No one expects the Celtics to make the championship. But listening to these guys talk, you have to wonder… why not?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20