Apr 28, 2012, 3:11 PM EDT
Garnett saying the hard times builds character is odd, but understandable. This team genuinely still loves playing together, which is impressive after five years together. It’s talked about as if this is the last ride for this team, but were they to win the title, who’s to say they wouldn’t return to defend? Rondo talking about how the players came in and believed that they would win the title is pivotal as well.
Veteran teams have a self-awareness of whether they can really push for a title. That the team believed it can win, that makes something different in how they approach it. It means less going through the motions, it means more focus, once they got their legs under them. No one expects the Celtics to make the championship. But listening to these guys talk, you have to wonder… why not?
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18