Apr 28, 2012, 3:11 PM EDT
Garnett saying the hard times builds character is odd, but understandable. This team genuinely still loves playing together, which is impressive after five years together. It’s talked about as if this is the last ride for this team, but were they to win the title, who’s to say they wouldn’t return to defend? Rondo talking about how the players came in and believed that they would win the title is pivotal as well.
Veteran teams have a self-awareness of whether they can really push for a title. That the team believed it can win, that makes something different in how they approach it. It means less going through the motions, it means more focus, once they got their legs under them. No one expects the Celtics to make the championship. But listening to these guys talk, you have to wonder… why not?
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15