Apr 28, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
Iman Shumpert, the Knicks starting two guard and one of their key perimieter defenders, is done for the playoffs.
He has a torn ACL in his left knee and his lateral meniscus, the team announced, and he will be out 6-8 months. Which sounds about right after you watch the video above — it actually looked worse than the Derrick Rose injury. He went down in the midway through the third quarter and had to be carried off the court.
Shumpert showed a lot of promise in his rookie season, averaging 9.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 2.8 assists this year. It was his defense that helped win him a starting job. However, like most of the Knicks, he was overwhelmed in Game 1 against the Heat and had no points, one rebound and one assist in 19 minutes before the injury.
This means more Landry Fields for the Knicks, who is a solid and smart player but does not match up with the athleticism the Heat bring.
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 38
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Another night, another Joakim Noah triple-double 13