Video: Brad Miller’s emotional exit from final NBA game

Apr 27, 2012, 9:31 AM EST

Brad Miller‘s 14-year NBA career as one of the more reliable big men in the game came to an emotional end Thursday night in Minnesota. It was great of the fans there to recognize the moment and give Miller a standing ovation.

The center with a deft outside touch, he is a two-time All-Star who had some impressive seasons in Chicago, Indiana and Sacramento. He’s a guy who got the most out of the talent given him, a guy who did whatever his teams needed of him to win and did it efficiently. He’s one of the good guys.

Congratulations on a wonderful career, Brad Miller. And from fans everywhere, thank you.

1. Justin - Apr 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Seems like a genuinely good guy. He didn’t play much this year but I remember him more from his Sacramento days. Here is a funny picture of Love and Rubio honoring his last game too.

2. AlohaMrHand - Apr 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I remember Shaq almost taking his head off with an attempted roundhouse.Thats why I liked Miller he got in Shaqs head

3. fouldwimmerlaik - Apr 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Miller absolutely is a class act and an example of what a “Pro” should be.

4. datcrazybok - Apr 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Thanks for going to work and doing your job night in and night out. We need more guys in the league like Brad Miller. I tipped my Stella to Brad last night. I always thought he’d be a really cool dude to go have a beer with.

5. lmoneyfresh - Apr 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Dang, that was tougher to watch than I had hoped, you can tell how much he loves the game and will miss it. Miller seems like a good guy and always hustled his ass off. He wasn’t always the quickest or most athletic, but he was always effective due to what he had going on between the ears. Great career Brad, enjoy that retirement.

6. thebigkahuna23 - Apr 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I used to love watching those Sacramento teams with him on there. And because it can’t be said enough, I’ll say it again, he was a total class act. A real pro’s pro who never once even thought of putting himself ahead of the team. I hope he goes into coaching. I think many teams would jump at the chance to have him teach their bigs some finesse.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches