Apr 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Earlier this week, adidas unveiled its second incarnation of the lightest basketball shoe out there: The adizero Crazy Light 2. This time, it came in at just 9.5 ounces, which is lighter than the previous version and 10 percent lighter than the nearest competitor’s basketball shoe.
Here are some additional details on it, from the official release:
“The increased strength of the adizero Crazy Light 2 comes from an enlarged asymmetrical SPRINTFRAME, allowing for maximum motion control. Designers added volume to the midsole for a more supportive base. The new aerodynamic three-layer SPRINTWEB is the thinnest ever, with a tighter web layout that gives players enhanced vertical and horizontal strength. Overall, the shoe’s new geometry allows for maximum weight savings, energy return and motion control.
“Five colorways go on sale May 24 for $140, including the electricity color seen at the McDonald’s All American Games, along with a metallic finished black/white/red look and three others. The adizero Crazy Light 2 will be available on adidas.com and at Foot Locker, Eastbay and other leading retailers.”
Jrue Holiday of the Philadelphia 76ers is one of the athletes on board, so we’ll get to see what these look like in action during the first round of the playoffs.
Check out the full photo gallery below and let us know if you’ll be picking up a pair in the comments.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 23
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4