Apr 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Earlier this week, adidas unveiled its second incarnation of the lightest basketball shoe out there: The adizero Crazy Light 2. This time, it came in at just 9.5 ounces, which is lighter than the previous version and 10 percent lighter than the nearest competitor’s basketball shoe.
Here are some additional details on it, from the official release:
“The increased strength of the adizero Crazy Light 2 comes from an enlarged asymmetrical SPRINTFRAME, allowing for maximum motion control. Designers added volume to the midsole for a more supportive base. The new aerodynamic three-layer SPRINTWEB is the thinnest ever, with a tighter web layout that gives players enhanced vertical and horizontal strength. Overall, the shoe’s new geometry allows for maximum weight savings, energy return and motion control.
“Five colorways go on sale May 24 for $140, including the electricity color seen at the McDonald’s All American Games, along with a metallic finished black/white/red look and three others. The adizero Crazy Light 2 will be available on adidas.com and at Foot Locker, Eastbay and other leading retailers.”
Jrue Holiday of the Philadelphia 76ers is one of the athletes on board, so we’ll get to see what these look like in action during the first round of the playoffs.
Check out the full photo gallery below and let us know if you’ll be picking up a pair in the comments.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18