Apr 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Earlier this week, adidas unveiled its second incarnation of the lightest basketball shoe out there: The adizero Crazy Light 2. This time, it came in at just 9.5 ounces, which is lighter than the previous version and 10 percent lighter than the nearest competitor’s basketball shoe.
Here are some additional details on it, from the official release:
“The increased strength of the adizero Crazy Light 2 comes from an enlarged asymmetrical SPRINTFRAME, allowing for maximum motion control. Designers added volume to the midsole for a more supportive base. The new aerodynamic three-layer SPRINTWEB is the thinnest ever, with a tighter web layout that gives players enhanced vertical and horizontal strength. Overall, the shoe’s new geometry allows for maximum weight savings, energy return and motion control.
“Five colorways go on sale May 24 for $140, including the electricity color seen at the McDonald’s All American Games, along with a metallic finished black/white/red look and three others. The adizero Crazy Light 2 will be available on adidas.com and at Foot Locker, Eastbay and other leading retailers.”
Jrue Holiday of the Philadelphia 76ers is one of the athletes on board, so we’ll get to see what these look like in action during the first round of the playoffs.
Check out the full photo gallery below and let us know if you’ll be picking up a pair in the comments.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 8
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 50
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20