Apr 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Knicks center Tyson Chandler did not practice with the team Friday due to flu-like symptoms, and coach Mike Woodson said he didn’t expect Chandler to play in the game one against Miami. You want to bet on that? Still, Chandler not at 100 percent could be a problem for New York.
• Celtics GM Danny Ainge says that Doc Rivers told him privately he thought this team could come together and contend.
• The Pistons new owner says his team is making the playoffs next year. The Pistons were the best of the NBA’s bad teams this year, but that is still quite a leap to the playoffs.
• Toronto picked up the option on the third year of coach Dwane Casey. Good move. He really got as much out of that Toronto roster as could be expected. I’ll say now the Raptors are a team I think takes a big step forward next season.
• A 104-year-old Spurs fan sees her first game in person.
• Timberwolves GM David Kahn assumes he will make a trade or two this summer. You can write your own joke for that one.
• A Q&A with Golden State’s just demoted GM Larry Riley.
• Quietly, teams are already starting to line up players for their Summer League teams. Here are some from Orlando.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
Ennis will get the chance to prove his case in training camp.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Larry Brown said the condition had Popovich thinking about retirement.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Well, you don’t see that every day.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Wasn’t this obvious already?
Jul 27, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
It could work — in very limited circumstances.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Bird also says Jordan would destroy him one-on-one right now.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
James Ennis seems on the bubble with Miami.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
I so hope this isn’t staged.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Dragic would not have fit the triangle, but he’s talented.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Center goes from Frank Vogel to Byron Scott and is happy about it
Jul 27, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Key Democrat implies it’s not a certainty
Jul 27, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
Vlade Divac is trying to put the band back together
Jul 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Celtics and Warriors finalize David Lee trade
Jul 27, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Did he accept the qualifying offer?
Jul 27, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Indiana apparently liked what is saw from undrafted free agent last season
Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Protected second-round pick going back to Celtics
Jul 27, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Miller reportedly wanted to leave Cavaliers for a team that would play him more
Jul 27, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Both players to receive partially guaranteed contracts
Jul 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
If Miller wants to be on a contender, it may not happen before the season starts.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If he ever writes a biography of his time with the team, that will be a must read.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4