Apr 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Knicks center Tyson Chandler did not practice with the team Friday due to flu-like symptoms, and coach Mike Woodson said he didn’t expect Chandler to play in the game one against Miami. You want to bet on that? Still, Chandler not at 100 percent could be a problem for New York.
• Celtics GM Danny Ainge says that Doc Rivers told him privately he thought this team could come together and contend.
• The Pistons new owner says his team is making the playoffs next year. The Pistons were the best of the NBA’s bad teams this year, but that is still quite a leap to the playoffs.
• Toronto picked up the option on the third year of coach Dwane Casey. Good move. He really got as much out of that Toronto roster as could be expected. I’ll say now the Raptors are a team I think takes a big step forward next season.
• A 104-year-old Spurs fan sees her first game in person.
• Timberwolves GM David Kahn assumes he will make a trade or two this summer. You can write your own joke for that one.
• A Q&A with Golden State’s just demoted GM Larry Riley.
• Quietly, teams are already starting to line up players for their Summer League teams. Here are some from Orlando.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:24 AM EDT
Ray McCallum dropped 29 and even threw in a Jordan shrug.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Would you rather have Harrison Barnes or Draymond Green?
Jul 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Hummel gets second NBA deal after spending season in Spain
Jul 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Former Colorado point guard out with ACL tear
Jul 21, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Jazz point guard will help national team prepare for World Cup this summer
Donald Sterling reportedly meets with Steve Ballmer, which might accelerate Clippers sale (or do the complete opposite)
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Donald Sterling also reportedly met with Shelly Sterling for three hours
Jul 21, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
The Suns are going to be a League Pass favorite next season.
Jul 21, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Cooper, who coaches WNBA’s Atlanta Dream, expected to make full recovery
Jul 21, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Celtics fans are asking “why?” Good question.
Jul 21, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
You doubted Kobe?
Jul 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Former No. 6 pick by the Wizards signs in Turkey
Jul 21, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Of course, George thinks the Pacers can regain their form and be a threat next season in the East.
Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons
Jul 21, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Pistons reportedly never seriously interested in trading Smith to Kings
Jul 21, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
Andre Drummond can be a funny man.
Jul 21, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
I love the Rip City jerseys.
Jul 21, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Young signs with Pelicans, Bairstow with Bulls
Jul 21, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Put Coach K in the “we already know Love is elite” camp.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
It sounds as if former Stanford forward might give up hundreds of thousands of dollars (nearly his entire salary)
Jul 21, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
I think his sentiments spoke to a lot of fans in Miami.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Stephenson took less money overall, more money per year to leave Pacers for Hornets
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49