Apr 27, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Knicks center Tyson Chandler did not practice with the team Friday due to flu-like symptoms, and coach Mike Woodson said he didn’t expect Chandler to play in the game one against Miami. You want to bet on that? Still, Chandler not at 100 percent could be a problem for New York.
• Celtics GM Danny Ainge says that Doc Rivers told him privately he thought this team could come together and contend.
• The Pistons new owner says his team is making the playoffs next year. The Pistons were the best of the NBA’s bad teams this year, but that is still quite a leap to the playoffs.
• Toronto picked up the option on the third year of coach Dwane Casey. Good move. He really got as much out of that Toronto roster as could be expected. I’ll say now the Raptors are a team I think takes a big step forward next season.
• A 104-year-old Spurs fan sees her first game in person.
• Timberwolves GM David Kahn assumes he will make a trade or two this summer. You can write your own joke for that one.
• A Q&A with Golden State’s just demoted GM Larry Riley.
• Quietly, teams are already starting to line up players for their Summer League teams. Here are some from Orlando.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73