Apr 26, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A lot of things are still up in the air, but the NBA released a first look at the first games of the first round of the NBA playoffs. That’s a lot of firsts but it’s all we have — the times have not been set, neither have the rest of the games. We just know what teams are playing what days (which the coaches wanted to know so they knew to rest Thursday night).
In the East Chicago will host Philadelphia or New York Saturday, and Miami will host the other half of Philadelphia/New York Saturday as well. Orlando is at Indiana Saturday. Boston and Atlanta play Sunday, we just have yet to find out who gets home court.
• In the West, Utah is at San Antonio Sunday. Oklahoma City will host either Dallas or Denver on Saturday, the Los Angeles Lakers will host the other half off Dallas or Denver on Sunday. The Los Angeles Clippers against Memphis will start Sunday, although which team gets home court will be decided Thursday.
• The Bulls need to win to clinch best record through the playoffs, and Tom Thibodeau said he planned to play his starters 20-30 minutes. With it now announced the Bulls play Saturday, his thinking might change.
• I really like the Jazz’s big lineup — Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors all on the floor at once — but let’s not start thinking they can do to San Antonio what Memphis did a year ago.
• A Miami Heat fan did not find the antics of the Phoenix Suns Gorilla mascot funny and punched the guy in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
• Arena talks is Sacramento are not dead, but the doctors still say the prognosis is not good.
• An interview with the former ESPN editor who made the Jeremy Lin headline mistake.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
He will not return Sunday.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Apr 26, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
“He’s the guy they want,” the report says.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Players were given the option by the team’s GM, but Aldridge — who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer — was the only one who chose to leave.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He was getting his buckets at the rim or on the right side of the floor.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:37 AM EDT
Memphis’ offense was the best it has looked this series.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:24 AM EDT
There is no update on the severity of his injury yet.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Jared Dudley’s pass was fantastic.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Golden State wins Game 4, 109-98
Apr 25, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Milwaukee forced 26 Chicago turnovers, a season high.
Mark Cuban shouts at Adam Silver to complain about foul calls during Mavericks’ Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Silver was in attendance for Game 3 between the Mavericks and the Rockets.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Nets now trail the Hawks 2-1 in the series.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
“The officials [have] got to get that stuff under control, because there’s too much physical stuff going on. Howard is throwing people all over the place,” Carlisle said.
Report: ‘No scenario’ where Kawhi Leonard will pursue offer sheets as a restricted free agent this summer
Apr 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Spurs and Leonard are a perfect match.
Mavericks coach Carlisle rips officials, claims ‘there’s too much physical stuff going on’ after Game 3 loss to Rockets
Apr 25, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Pierce did the same thing to the Raptors a year ago when he was with the Nets.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
The Spurs are Kawhi Leonard’s team now.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
These feel like Stephen Curry’s playoffs.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17