Apr 26, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A lot of things are still up in the air, but the NBA released a first look at the first games of the first round of the NBA playoffs. That’s a lot of firsts but it’s all we have — the times have not been set, neither have the rest of the games. We just know what teams are playing what days (which the coaches wanted to know so they knew to rest Thursday night).
In the East Chicago will host Philadelphia or New York Saturday, and Miami will host the other half of Philadelphia/New York Saturday as well. Orlando is at Indiana Saturday. Boston and Atlanta play Sunday, we just have yet to find out who gets home court.
• In the West, Utah is at San Antonio Sunday. Oklahoma City will host either Dallas or Denver on Saturday, the Los Angeles Lakers will host the other half off Dallas or Denver on Sunday. The Los Angeles Clippers against Memphis will start Sunday, although which team gets home court will be decided Thursday.
• The Bulls need to win to clinch best record through the playoffs, and Tom Thibodeau said he planned to play his starters 20-30 minutes. With it now announced the Bulls play Saturday, his thinking might change.
• I really like the Jazz’s big lineup — Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors all on the floor at once — but let’s not start thinking they can do to San Antonio what Memphis did a year ago.
• A Miami Heat fan did not find the antics of the Phoenix Suns Gorilla mascot funny and punched the guy in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
• Arena talks is Sacramento are not dead, but the doctors still say the prognosis is not good.
• An interview with the former ESPN editor who made the Jeremy Lin headline mistake.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
It’s a real possibility, but only if Anthony believes a plan to win is in place.
Mavericks’ Rick Carlisle on Spurs’ Gregg Popovich: ‘Why don’t we just give him Coach of the Century?’
Apr 23, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
He’s not wrong.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
McHale jokes with a reporter by making a painfully obvious observation.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
Harper worked as Pistons assistant for two years
Apr 23, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT
That will end the rumors, right?
Apr 23, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Timberwolves president coached Minnesota, Detroit and Washington before taking current job
Apr 23, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
It would be a mistake, but the Pacers’ slide has everyone on edge in Indy.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson was second, Anthony Davis third, but they were well back of Dragic.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
7-foot-1, athletic with 3-point range — what’s not to like? A decent amount
Apr 23, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Frank Vogel resisted the urge to do anything dramatic and trusted his team to make little changes. It worked.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Heat will need point guard more later than against Bobcats
Apr 23, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Apr 23, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Willingly and gratefully? Bahahaha
Apr 23, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
Can Houston bounce back to even the series?
Apr 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Teammates reportedly broke up the fight, but I bet they really wanted to step back and let it go for a while.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:59 AM EDT
Bradley Beal, Nene help Washington take 2-0 series lead
Apr 23, 2014, 2:34 AM EDT
Teams leading scorers were not perfect but they were good enough.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Raptors win Game 2, but it feels like this series is Brooklyn’s to lose.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Pacers go on a monster third quarter run to even series with Hawks.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Interim GM for the Cavaliers intends to remain aggressive in upgrading talent, but there are other issues that need to be addressed first.
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 5
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 16
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 12
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 51
- Wednesday playoff previews: Rockets know they need a win 3