Apr 26, 2012, 12:29 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A lot of things are still up in the air, but the NBA released a first look at the first games of the first round of the NBA playoffs. That’s a lot of firsts but it’s all we have — the times have not been set, neither have the rest of the games. We just know what teams are playing what days (which the coaches wanted to know so they knew to rest Thursday night).
In the East Chicago will host Philadelphia or New York Saturday, and Miami will host the other half of Philadelphia/New York Saturday as well. Orlando is at Indiana Saturday. Boston and Atlanta play Sunday, we just have yet to find out who gets home court.
• In the West, Utah is at San Antonio Sunday. Oklahoma City will host either Dallas or Denver on Saturday, the Los Angeles Lakers will host the other half off Dallas or Denver on Sunday. The Los Angeles Clippers against Memphis will start Sunday, although which team gets home court will be decided Thursday.
• The Bulls need to win to clinch best record through the playoffs, and Tom Thibodeau said he planned to play his starters 20-30 minutes. With it now announced the Bulls play Saturday, his thinking might change.
• I really like the Jazz’s big lineup — Paul Millsap, Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors all on the floor at once — but let’s not start thinking they can do to San Antonio what Memphis did a year ago.
• A Miami Heat fan did not find the antics of the Phoenix Suns Gorilla mascot funny and punched the guy in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
• Arena talks is Sacramento are not dead, but the doctors still say the prognosis is not good.
• An interview with the former ESPN editor who made the Jeremy Lin headline mistake.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:22 AM EST
The bad Bulls showed up in Los Angeles on Thursday.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:48 AM EST
“I really appreciate him coming, I didn’t expect it at all.” —Pau Gasol
Jan 30, 2015, 12:22 AM EST
He’s warming up for All-Star weekend.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
It didn’t look good.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:45 PM EST
Management is displeased with their underperformance.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:02 PM EST
“Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.”
Jan 29, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
The new rule is an attempt to curtail Jay Z-style figurehead owners.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EST
He will get a second opinion.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Damian Lillard, Kyle Korver, DeMarcus Cousins and more.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:27 PM EST
DeMarcus Cousins and Damian Lillard were left off in the West.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:42 PM EST
A promotional video hyping the matchup features plenty of players, but Kevin Love is noticeably absent.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Mitch Kupchak expects Kobe to return next season.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:20 PM EST
Reserves are announced tonight.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:39 PM EST
Brooks may last the season, but may not if Thunder miss the playoffs. Jackson, meanwhile, has been marginalized ever since Dion Waiters was acquired.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:56 PM EST
Wade may be selected as an All-Star reserve Thursday night, but wouldn’t play in the midseason exhibition if the timeline holds true.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:25 PM EST
“I looked down to see my legs, and I saw my bone. The second I saw my bone, I just lost it.”
Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
Jan 29, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
See Andrew Wiggins’, Shabazz Muhammad’s and Dante Exum’s
Jan 29, 2015, 1:28 PM EST
Timberwolves enjoying rare win
Jan 29, 2015, 12:50 PM EST
Oklahoma City expected to deal Jackson
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42