Apr 26, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
The fine folks at Deadspin found this (in the twitter account of an IT guy who works at the under-construction Barclay Center, which will be home to the Nets next year). It is apparently the new logo for your Brooklyn Nets. This image is up on the walls at the Barclay Center. Obviously, the blue tape is not part of it.
I kind of like it. Simple, clean, keeping the shield and paying homage to the old look while getting away from the red, white and blue color scheme to something a little more New York in tone. I hear black is the new black this year.
The official unveiling of the logo is expected to come in the days after the season ends.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8