Apr 26, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
The fine folks at Deadspin found this (in the twitter account of an IT guy who works at the under-construction Barclay Center, which will be home to the Nets next year). It is apparently the new logo for your Brooklyn Nets. This image is up on the walls at the Barclay Center. Obviously, the blue tape is not part of it.
I kind of like it. Simple, clean, keeping the shield and paying homage to the old look while getting away from the red, white and blue color scheme to something a little more New York in tone. I hear black is the new black this year.
The official unveiling of the logo is expected to come in the days after the season ends.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50