Apr 25, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Well, that bit of animation from Taiwan should explain everything perfectly.
• If you’re looking for something a little more thoughtful and insightful on Metta World Peace, read Kevin Ding’s great piece at the Orange County Register.
• With World Peace out the Lakers are going to need more out of Matt Barnes — and he’s not healthy. His sore ankle has the Lakers already saying he will not play against Sacramento Thursday. You can bet Barnes will suit up for the playoffs but we’ll see how much he can give.
• Why did the Wizards keep GM Ernie Grunfeld around? A guy who put together a team whose best winning percentage the last four years was .317? Because the owner trusts him and thinks he gets the big picture plan.
• A couple days ago J.J. Barea ripped his Timberwolves teammates for quitting on the season. Coach Rick Adelman has Barea’s back.
• Jeep is now a big sponsor of USA Basketball, and they have put together a new ad with Chris Paul.
• FIBA is about to apply to ICANN to be the body that controls the .BASKETBALL internet domain. The number of domains is opening up from .com, .net, .org and the other standbys. They say “If its application is successful, FIBA will be able to supply relevant and available domain names for people, entities and organisations with an affinity for basketball, that do not currently have any particular domain space catering to their specific needs.” Does anyone thing that will go smoothly and without a lot of politics involved?
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 4
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4