Apr 25, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
When you pay good money for an NBA ticket, you can only hope the game ends with a dramatic… goaltending call?
That’s what happened to Warriors fans. With the game inside 8 seconds left and tied 81-81, Golden State’s Charles Jenkins‘ drove the lane and put up a layup that Gustavo Ayon cleanly blocked. The ball flew over to Greivis Vasquez who pushed it up court and looked like he was was thinking about a three but instead passed to an open Marco Belinelli under the bucket for an easy game-winning layup — then in flies Chris Wright to block it off the backboard. Easy goaltending call. Hornets win.
Yup, just like you dreamed playing at the park when you were 10.
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 0
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2