Apr 25, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
When you pay good money for an NBA ticket, you can only hope the game ends with a dramatic… goaltending call?
That’s what happened to Warriors fans. With the game inside 8 seconds left and tied 81-81, Golden State’s Charles Jenkins‘ drove the lane and put up a layup that Gustavo Ayon cleanly blocked. The ball flew over to Greivis Vasquez who pushed it up court and looked like he was was thinking about a three but instead passed to an open Marco Belinelli under the bucket for an easy game-winning layup — then in flies Chris Wright to block it off the backboard. Easy goaltending call. Hornets win.
Yup, just like you dreamed playing at the park when you were 10.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18