Apr 25, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
When you pay good money for an NBA ticket, you can only hope the game ends with a dramatic… goaltending call?
That’s what happened to Warriors fans. With the game inside 8 seconds left and tied 81-81, Golden State’s Charles Jenkins‘ drove the lane and put up a layup that Gustavo Ayon cleanly blocked. The ball flew over to Greivis Vasquez who pushed it up court and looked like he was was thinking about a three but instead passed to an open Marco Belinelli under the bucket for an easy game-winning layup — then in flies Chris Wright to block it off the backboard. Easy goaltending call. Hornets win.
Yup, just like you dreamed playing at the park when you were 10.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20