Apr 25, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
When you pay good money for an NBA ticket, you can only hope the game ends with a dramatic… goaltending call?
That’s what happened to Warriors fans. With the game inside 8 seconds left and tied 81-81, Golden State’s Charles Jenkins‘ drove the lane and put up a layup that Gustavo Ayon cleanly blocked. The ball flew over to Greivis Vasquez who pushed it up court and looked like he was was thinking about a three but instead passed to an open Marco Belinelli under the bucket for an easy game-winning layup — then in flies Chris Wright to block it off the backboard. Easy goaltending call. Hornets win.
Yup, just like you dreamed playing at the park when you were 10.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49