Apr 25, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Sasha Vujacic was one of those guys who decided rather than sit and hope the lockout ended well he would go play overseas and get paid. He landed in Turkey, with no opt-out clause, and stayed the entire season there.
Now, he wants to come back to the states.
Sasa Vujacic, in an interview with Kosarka.si, said that his desire is to return to the NBA next season. The Slovenian is now playing in Turkey with Anadolu Efes Istanbul with whom he penned a deal until the end of the season. ‘I am happy and satisfied of my experience in Turkey, but my wish is to go back to the NBA next season’ said Vujacic to Kosarka.si. According to the Slovenian site, Vujacic has already drawn interest from a few NBA teams.
Go ahead and mock him, he’s still engaged to Maria Sharapova and you’re not.
Vujacic spent just more than six seasons with the Lakers and played 56 games with the Nets. He’s a solid NBA guard off the bench — he’s an annoying/pesky defender and he can knock down three ball. If you pay him just a couple million and play him 15 minutes a night he’ll be fine. Ask much more than that and… well, ask a Laker fan about it.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31