Apr 25, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Sasha Vujacic was one of those guys who decided rather than sit and hope the lockout ended well he would go play overseas and get paid. He landed in Turkey, with no opt-out clause, and stayed the entire season there.
Now, he wants to come back to the states.
Sasa Vujacic, in an interview with Kosarka.si, said that his desire is to return to the NBA next season. The Slovenian is now playing in Turkey with Anadolu Efes Istanbul with whom he penned a deal until the end of the season. ‘I am happy and satisfied of my experience in Turkey, but my wish is to go back to the NBA next season’ said Vujacic to Kosarka.si. According to the Slovenian site, Vujacic has already drawn interest from a few NBA teams.
Go ahead and mock him, he’s still engaged to Maria Sharapova and you’re not.
Vujacic spent just more than six seasons with the Lakers and played 56 games with the Nets. He’s a solid NBA guard off the bench — he’s an annoying/pesky defender and he can knock down three ball. If you pay him just a couple million and play him 15 minutes a night he’ll be fine. Ask much more than that and… well, ask a Laker fan about it.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 20
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8