Apr 25, 2012, 1:13 PM EST
Sasha Vujacic was one of those guys who decided rather than sit and hope the lockout ended well he would go play overseas and get paid. He landed in Turkey, with no opt-out clause, and stayed the entire season there.
Now, he wants to come back to the states.
Sasa Vujacic, in an interview with Kosarka.si, said that his desire is to return to the NBA next season. The Slovenian is now playing in Turkey with Anadolu Efes Istanbul with whom he penned a deal until the end of the season. ‘I am happy and satisfied of my experience in Turkey, but my wish is to go back to the NBA next season’ said Vujacic to Kosarka.si. According to the Slovenian site, Vujacic has already drawn interest from a few NBA teams.
Go ahead and mock him, he’s still engaged to Maria Sharapova and you’re not.
Vujacic spent just more than six seasons with the Lakers and played 56 games with the Nets. He’s a solid NBA guard off the bench — he’s an annoying/pesky defender and he can knock down three ball. If you pay him just a couple million and play him 15 minutes a night he’ll be fine. Ask much more than that and… well, ask a Laker fan about it.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6