Apr 25, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Sasha Vujacic was one of those guys who decided rather than sit and hope the lockout ended well he would go play overseas and get paid. He landed in Turkey, with no opt-out clause, and stayed the entire season there.
Now, he wants to come back to the states.
Sasa Vujacic, in an interview with Kosarka.si, said that his desire is to return to the NBA next season. The Slovenian is now playing in Turkey with Anadolu Efes Istanbul with whom he penned a deal until the end of the season. ‘I am happy and satisfied of my experience in Turkey, but my wish is to go back to the NBA next season’ said Vujacic to Kosarka.si. According to the Slovenian site, Vujacic has already drawn interest from a few NBA teams.
Go ahead and mock him, he’s still engaged to Maria Sharapova and you’re not.
Vujacic spent just more than six seasons with the Lakers and played 56 games with the Nets. He’s a solid NBA guard off the bench — he’s an annoying/pesky defender and he can knock down three ball. If you pay him just a couple million and play him 15 minutes a night he’ll be fine. Ask much more than that and… well, ask a Laker fan about it.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17