Apr 25, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
What you missed while thinking that if this cow tells the others what is going on at McDonald’s there is going to be a revolt….
Hawks 109, Clippers 102: Atlanta took control when they went on a 15-2 run to end the third quarter, then they held on for a comfortable win. That victory kept the Hawks a game ahead of the Celtics for home court when the two meet in the first round.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin combined for 70 points, but every other Clipper combined to shoot 35.1percent and score 32 points. The Hawks did a good job of spacing, ball movement and attacking the mismatches they created. Joe Johnson was hot and finished with 28, Jeff Teague had 18. The Hawks also defended all the Clippers role players well.
Celtics 78, Heat 66: Worst. Game. Ever.
Not kidding, I’d rather watch Bobcats/Wizards again. Both team ran their benches out there the whole game and went deep into them. Sasha Pavlovic was your MVP with 16 points. Anyway, there were consequences — with the Miami loss Chicago is the top seed in the East. With the win the Celtics remain one game back of the Hawks for home court when the two teams meet in the first round.
Thunder 118, Kings 100: Sacramento had a 13 point lead in the third quarter that started to slip away, then in the fourth quarter Daequan Cook happened — 19 points on 9 shots (4-5 from three) and the Thunder pull away for the win.
Hornets 83, Warriors 81: In a tightly contested game the whole way New Orleans closed the game on an 11-2 run that had an odd, odd ending. With the game tied 81-81 Golden State’s Charles Jenkins‘ put up a layup with five seconds left that Gustavo Ayon blocked. Greivis Vasquez grabbed the rock, pushed the ball up court and looked like he was going to take a three but instead passed to an open Marco Belinelli under the bucket for a game-winning layup — which Chris Wright came flying in to goaltend by blocking it off the backboard. Hornets win. Belinelli finished with 23.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 26
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8