Apr 25, 2012, 7:59 AM EDT
What you missed while thinking that if this cow tells the others what is going on at McDonald’s there is going to be a revolt….
Hawks 109, Clippers 102: Atlanta took control when they went on a 15-2 run to end the third quarter, then they held on for a comfortable win. That victory kept the Hawks a game ahead of the Celtics for home court when the two meet in the first round.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin combined for 70 points, but every other Clipper combined to shoot 35.1percent and score 32 points. The Hawks did a good job of spacing, ball movement and attacking the mismatches they created. Joe Johnson was hot and finished with 28, Jeff Teague had 18. The Hawks also defended all the Clippers role players well.
Celtics 78, Heat 66: Worst. Game. Ever.
Not kidding, I’d rather watch Bobcats/Wizards again. Both team ran their benches out there the whole game and went deep into them. Sasha Pavlovic was your MVP with 16 points. Anyway, there were consequences — with the Miami loss Chicago is the top seed in the East. With the win the Celtics remain one game back of the Hawks for home court when the two teams meet in the first round.
Thunder 118, Kings 100: Sacramento had a 13 point lead in the third quarter that started to slip away, then in the fourth quarter Daequan Cook happened — 19 points on 9 shots (4-5 from three) and the Thunder pull away for the win.
Hornets 83, Warriors 81: In a tightly contested game the whole way New Orleans closed the game on an 11-2 run that had an odd, odd ending. With the game tied 81-81 Golden State’s Charles Jenkins‘ put up a layup with five seconds left that Gustavo Ayon blocked. Greivis Vasquez grabbed the rock, pushed the ball up court and looked like he was going to take a three but instead passed to an open Marco Belinelli under the bucket for a game-winning layup — which Chris Wright came flying in to goaltend by blocking it off the backboard. Hornets win. Belinelli finished with 23.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 27
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games