Apr 24, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Early in this season the Boston Celtics could not find their flow — their once proud defense was pedestrian and their offense wasn’t getting it done. There have been plenty of people ready to bury them, to blow up the team.
Now they enter the playoffs as the team nobody wants to play early on, as a great defensive team again. We can debate whether that is good enough — it’s still hard to see this team getting past Miami or Chicago in the East, and if that is the case was not making a move the right call? — but this is certainly a good team.
With the start of the playoffs coming CSNNE.com will broadcast a sit down interview with Boston’s big four — Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo. In this snippet of that talk, KG talks about the early season adversity and how they overcame it.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)