Apr 24, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The official status of James Harden is day-to-day and he is undergoing tests to see when he can return from the concussion he got due to Metta World Peace‘s elbow. The more realistic outcome is he sits the Thunder’s meaningless games Tuesday and Wednesday and returns for the playoffs this weekend. Let’s hope he can return for the playoffs.
• The league did not rush to put out its decision on the coming Metta World Peace suspension for the elbow to Harden’s head. We don’t know what it will be as of this writing. The league was under no pressure to make a quick decision because the Lakers don’t play again until Thursday.
• Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma will not play for the Celtics Tuesday night. Rajon Rondo and Mickael Pietrus did not take part in shootaround and are game time decisions. The Celtics are locked in at the four seed but still have a shot at home court in the first round.
• Rockets GM Daryl Morey writes about the inexact science of projecting how good players will be.
• Taking a close look at how the Lakers defend the pick-and-roll.
• Deron Williams did not play Monday for the Nets and did not address the crowd after the final game there. But sure, they stand a real chance of keeping him this summer.
• Kris Humphries has “made no secret” that he wants to stay with the Nets and go to Brooklyn. See, he can be in a long-term relationship.
• The Rockets wanted to sign Dionte Christmas for the last couple games of the season, but because he was playing in Greece they are awaiting FIBA clearance.
• Remember this name: Justin Dentmon. He was your D-League’s MVP.
May 22, 2015, 2:17 AM EDT
James Harden has been nothing short of brilliant for two games.
May 22, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
Harden scores 38 points, just misses triple-double
May 21, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Donaghy was sent to prison for betting on NBA games while he was employed as a league official.
May 21, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Golden State was rolling early in Game 2.
May 21, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The seven-footer may be a top-five selection.
May 21, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Thomas is now running New York’s WNBA team, but many feel it’s just a matter of time before he’s back in some capacity with the Knicks.
LeBron James after tweaking his ankle by stepping on cameraman: ‘His foot was out further than it should be’
May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Tough to tell, but either way, too many people are too close to the action.
May 21, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This is now a team without its two best wing defenders.
May 21, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT
The front office reacted like fans.
May 21, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
If the NBA gave points for degree of difficulty, how much more valuable would he be?
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Evans should be good to go by the start of training camp next season.
May 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Lakers fans feel the basketball gods owed them after a few brutal years of injuries; fans of 29 other NBA teams would beg to differ.
May 21, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Gentry interviewed for the position on Monday.
May 21, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
May 21, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
A report surfaced Wednesday suggesting they were planning on pursuing the Bulls coach.
May 21, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
May 21, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Huge break for the Hawks.
May 21, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol and James Harden round out the first team.
May 21, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Carlisle is an excellent coach, but this type of job security is nearly unprecedented
May 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Nor should he
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10