Apr 24, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The official status of James Harden is day-to-day and he is undergoing tests to see when he can return from the concussion he got due to Metta World Peace‘s elbow. The more realistic outcome is he sits the Thunder’s meaningless games Tuesday and Wednesday and returns for the playoffs this weekend. Let’s hope he can return for the playoffs.
• The league did not rush to put out its decision on the coming Metta World Peace suspension for the elbow to Harden’s head. We don’t know what it will be as of this writing. The league was under no pressure to make a quick decision because the Lakers don’t play again until Thursday.
• Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma will not play for the Celtics Tuesday night. Rajon Rondo and Mickael Pietrus did not take part in shootaround and are game time decisions. The Celtics are locked in at the four seed but still have a shot at home court in the first round.
• Rockets GM Daryl Morey writes about the inexact science of projecting how good players will be.
• Taking a close look at how the Lakers defend the pick-and-roll.
• Deron Williams did not play Monday for the Nets and did not address the crowd after the final game there. But sure, they stand a real chance of keeping him this summer.
• Kris Humphries has “made no secret” that he wants to stay with the Nets and go to Brooklyn. See, he can be in a long-term relationship.
• The Rockets wanted to sign Dionte Christmas for the last couple games of the season, but because he was playing in Greece they are awaiting FIBA clearance.
• Remember this name: Justin Dentmon. He was your D-League’s MVP.
Aug 27, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Rose’s first public comments since the civil suit.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
They’re pretty sweet.
Aug 27, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Sultan Kosem of Turkey is 8-foot-3.
Aug 27, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
As an NBA League Pass junkie I’ll tell you why I’m happy — she’s good.
Aug 27, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT
If you’re keeping score at home, there are two shattered backboards on the list.
Aug 27, 2015, 5:06 PM EDT
The Cavaliers need to be patient with him.
Aug 27, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Chocolate Thunder remained an ambassador of the game.
Aug 27, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
He probably will land on a roster somewhere. Eventually.
Aug 27, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
This is a blow to France, but they remain one of the deepest teams at EuroBasket and one of the favorites.
Aug 27, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Houston’s salary cap picture changed before the deal got inked.
Aug 27, 2015, 1:12 PM EDT
Gregg Popovich is considered the frontrunner.
Aug 27, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Stan Van Gundy wants to play Brandon Jennings and Stephen Jackson together at times.
Aug 27, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
The Bulls comment is basically “no comment.”
Aug 27, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
At this point in his career Davis is the “break glass in case of emergency” big.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Wiggins is playing well for Canada.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
LeBron turned a $4.4 million profit.
Aug 27, 2015, 12:58 AM EDT
There is no criminal report filed in this case. Rose nor his attorney have yet to comment on the report or suit.
Aug 26, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Was there ever a more Shakespearean NBA drama than Shaq/Kobe?
Aug 26, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
We’ve got video of Blake Griffin pretending to be in the Harlem Globetrotters.
Aug 26, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
D’Angelo, just text Kobe and say you want to work out with him, he’ll likely text back to come over right now.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 8
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7