Apr 24, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The official status of James Harden is day-to-day and he is undergoing tests to see when he can return from the concussion he got due to Metta World Peace‘s elbow. The more realistic outcome is he sits the Thunder’s meaningless games Tuesday and Wednesday and returns for the playoffs this weekend. Let’s hope he can return for the playoffs.
• The league did not rush to put out its decision on the coming Metta World Peace suspension for the elbow to Harden’s head. We don’t know what it will be as of this writing. The league was under no pressure to make a quick decision because the Lakers don’t play again until Thursday.
• Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma will not play for the Celtics Tuesday night. Rajon Rondo and Mickael Pietrus did not take part in shootaround and are game time decisions. The Celtics are locked in at the four seed but still have a shot at home court in the first round.
• Rockets GM Daryl Morey writes about the inexact science of projecting how good players will be.
• Taking a close look at how the Lakers defend the pick-and-roll.
• Deron Williams did not play Monday for the Nets and did not address the crowd after the final game there. But sure, they stand a real chance of keeping him this summer.
• Kris Humphries has “made no secret” that he wants to stay with the Nets and go to Brooklyn. See, he can be in a long-term relationship.
• The Rockets wanted to sign Dionte Christmas for the last couple games of the season, but because he was playing in Greece they are awaiting FIBA clearance.
• Remember this name: Justin Dentmon. He was your D-League’s MVP.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
Exum looked great, the injury did not.
Jul 7, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
The reigning Sixth Man of the Year signed a free agent deal with the Lakers.
Dwyane Wade cites his scoring average when asked how long he’ll continue to play: ‘I think I’ll stay around a while’
Jul 7, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Wade was the third leading scorer in the East last season, but missed 20 games due to a combination rest and injury.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
Teams aren’t allowed to discuss deals during the moratorium period, which is still going on.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
KG will be back for a record 21st NBA season.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
Cleveland just added Mo Williams, but Smith (and Matthew Dellavedova) will likely be back.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
The 12th overall pick hasn’t practiced with the Jazz, and remains unsigned. But the GM says “No worries.”
Jul 7, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Okafor had some impressive moments.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
This is the kind of thing that all that new television revenue should go to.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
All I have ever argued about LeBron’s legacy is that you can’t compare it right now to Magic or Jordan or Bird or whoever because he’s still playing at the peak of his game.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
Bonner claims a Spurs strength-and-conditioning coach supports the theory
Jul 6, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
This rookie knows how to finish at the rim.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Cleveland fills its biggest need with its second-best roster-building mechanism
Jul 6, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Peter Feigin makes another threat
Jul 6, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Guard will make $2.5 million
Jul 6, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
In Utah, he counts as a veteran
Jul 6, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
This is a solid signing, but the Mavs need more help at the guard spot.
Jul 6, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
This trade could work for both teams if the Clippers can flip Haywood’s contract again for a big man.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
West left $10.6 million on the table to go to a contender.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:36 PM EDT
This signing was never in doubt.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38