Apr 24, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The official status of James Harden is day-to-day and he is undergoing tests to see when he can return from the concussion he got due to Metta World Peace‘s elbow. The more realistic outcome is he sits the Thunder’s meaningless games Tuesday and Wednesday and returns for the playoffs this weekend. Let’s hope he can return for the playoffs.
• The league did not rush to put out its decision on the coming Metta World Peace suspension for the elbow to Harden’s head. We don’t know what it will be as of this writing. The league was under no pressure to make a quick decision because the Lakers don’t play again until Thursday.
• Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma will not play for the Celtics Tuesday night. Rajon Rondo and Mickael Pietrus did not take part in shootaround and are game time decisions. The Celtics are locked in at the four seed but still have a shot at home court in the first round.
• Rockets GM Daryl Morey writes about the inexact science of projecting how good players will be.
• Taking a close look at how the Lakers defend the pick-and-roll.
• Deron Williams did not play Monday for the Nets and did not address the crowd after the final game there. But sure, they stand a real chance of keeping him this summer.
• Kris Humphries has “made no secret” that he wants to stay with the Nets and go to Brooklyn. See, he can be in a long-term relationship.
• The Rockets wanted to sign Dionte Christmas for the last couple games of the season, but because he was playing in Greece they are awaiting FIBA clearance.
• Remember this name: Justin Dentmon. He was your D-League’s MVP.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:45 AM EDT
Houston outscores Dallas by 14 in 10 minutes with Howard and Harden, get outscored by four otherwise in 118-108 win
Apr 18, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Wade has the ability to hit free agency, but is choosing to stay in Miami for at least one more season.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Rose finished with 23 points.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Leaked images are horrible.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:56 PM EDT
Brooks scored 10 points in his first shift.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Golden State, once up 25, escapes with 106-99 win
Apr 18, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The basketball was ugly, but this still may be a very competitive series.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Pierce backed up his talk with plenty of action.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
They’re still expected to play around 32 minutes each.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Ujiri cusses at a playoff pep rally for the second straight year.
Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks
Apr 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Brewer has been a key member of the rotation for the two-seeded Rockets.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Every playoff series is predicted.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
How do you feel about a lot of hack-a-Jordan for six or seven games?
Apr 18, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
With most 2014 conference-finalists eliminated, Warriors are clear favorite
Apr 18, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
Their rivalry goes back until the Dwight Howard free agent recruitment. If not earlier.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
The winner in 7 games will be …
Apr 17, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Cuban also says of Houston: “that’s not a very good team over there.”
Apr 17, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Can Brooklyn win a game?
Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year
Apr 17, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Hibbert has a player option for $15.5 million next season.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Three PBT writers pick the Warrior to beat the Cavaliers in the Finals.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3