Apr 24, 2012, 11:25 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The official status of James Harden is day-to-day and he is undergoing tests to see when he can return from the concussion he got due to Metta World Peace‘s elbow. The more realistic outcome is he sits the Thunder’s meaningless games Tuesday and Wednesday and returns for the playoffs this weekend. Let’s hope he can return for the playoffs.
• The league did not rush to put out its decision on the coming Metta World Peace suspension for the elbow to Harden’s head. We don’t know what it will be as of this writing. The league was under no pressure to make a quick decision because the Lakers don’t play again until Thursday.
• Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma will not play for the Celtics Tuesday night. Rajon Rondo and Mickael Pietrus did not take part in shootaround and are game time decisions. The Celtics are locked in at the four seed but still have a shot at home court in the first round.
• Rockets GM Daryl Morey writes about the inexact science of projecting how good players will be.
• Taking a close look at how the Lakers defend the pick-and-roll.
• Deron Williams did not play Monday for the Nets and did not address the crowd after the final game there. But sure, they stand a real chance of keeping him this summer.
• Kris Humphries has “made no secret” that he wants to stay with the Nets and go to Brooklyn. See, he can be in a long-term relationship.
• The Rockets wanted to sign Dionte Christmas for the last couple games of the season, but because he was playing in Greece they are awaiting FIBA clearance.
• Remember this name: Justin Dentmon. He was your D-League’s MVP.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 13
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11