Apr 24, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
I feel bad for the people who purchased tickets to see the Celtics vs. the Heat before this season hoping for a meaningful late-season showdown. Anytime the offense is running through Dexter Pittman there is no showdown.
Both teams are sitting numerous key players because the game has little meaning.
Miami will sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN’s Heat Index. Miami has a slim chance to be the top seed in the East — they would have to win out, Chicago would have to lose out — but rather than play for that slim chance coach Eric Spoelstra is thinking rest before the playoffs start this weekend.
For Boston, Ray Allen and Mickael Pietrus were announced as out early in the day, Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett at gametime. Boston will be the four seed in the East and will play Atlanta in the first round. There is a chance they could catch Atlanta for home court, but Doc Rivers has made it clear rest is what matters most — he sat his big four against Atlanta last Friday.
Is Paul Pierce enough for Boston here?
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28