Apr 24, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
A couple days ago we told you that unless Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins got his 13th technical and unless the league rescinded it he would be sitting out Tuesday night.
After review, the league decided that the double technical when Cousins went face to face with Bismack Biyombo really shouldn’t have been one. The league made the right call — this didn’t deserve to be a double tech, just split the guys up and tell them to walk away (some refs lean too much on the double technical).
It got rescinded and Cousins played for the Kings Tuesday night when they took on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Cousins had 32 points in that game but it wasn’t enough as the Thunder won, 118-110. Which actually is good for the Kings lottery odds and what the team’s fans wanted. Oh, isn’t the end of the season fun?
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 52
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 24
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65