Apr 24, 2012, 10:54 PM EST
A couple days ago we told you that unless Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins got his 13th technical and unless the league rescinded it he would be sitting out Tuesday night.
After review, the league decided that the double technical when Cousins went face to face with Bismack Biyombo really shouldn’t have been one. The league made the right call — this didn’t deserve to be a double tech, just split the guys up and tell them to walk away (some refs lean too much on the double technical).
It got rescinded and Cousins played for the Kings Tuesday night when they took on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Cousins had 32 points in that game but it wasn’t enough as the Thunder won, 118-110. Which actually is good for the Kings lottery odds and what the team’s fans wanted. Oh, isn’t the end of the season fun?
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8