Apr 24, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
A couple days ago we told you that unless Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins got his 13th technical and unless the league rescinded it he would be sitting out Tuesday night.
After review, the league decided that the double technical when Cousins went face to face with Bismack Biyombo really shouldn’t have been one. The league made the right call — this didn’t deserve to be a double tech, just split the guys up and tell them to walk away (some refs lean too much on the double technical).
It got rescinded and Cousins played for the Kings Tuesday night when they took on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Cousins had 32 points in that game but it wasn’t enough as the Thunder won, 118-110. Which actually is good for the Kings lottery odds and what the team’s fans wanted. Oh, isn’t the end of the season fun?
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29