Apr 24, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
It’s an ugly situation. The NBA players union executive committee has asked union president Derek Fisher to resign. He has refused. There are questions of nepotism in the union, Fisher pushed for an audit but executive director Billy Hunter got the committee to kill that and ask Fisher to step down. It’s a mess.
If Fisher leaves, who steps in?
“We can’t, by bylaws, say who is going to be the president; that would have to go to a vote,” Evans said. “Chris Paul’s name may circulate as one of the players who could fulfill that role, given that he’s a younger player (at 26), on the executive committee and played a huge role during the lockout. He has the respect of a lot of players.”
We are a long, long way from that vote. But it’s something to watch.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80