Apr 24, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
It’s an ugly situation. The NBA players union executive committee has asked union president Derek Fisher to resign. He has refused. There are questions of nepotism in the union, Fisher pushed for an audit but executive director Billy Hunter got the committee to kill that and ask Fisher to step down. It’s a mess.
If Fisher leaves, who steps in?
“We can’t, by bylaws, say who is going to be the president; that would have to go to a vote,” Evans said. “Chris Paul’s name may circulate as one of the players who could fulfill that role, given that he’s a younger player (at 26), on the executive committee and played a huge role during the lockout. He has the respect of a lot of players.”
We are a long, long way from that vote. But it’s something to watch.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6