Apr 24, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
It’s an ugly situation. The NBA players union executive committee has asked union president Derek Fisher to resign. He has refused. There are questions of nepotism in the union, Fisher pushed for an audit but executive director Billy Hunter got the committee to kill that and ask Fisher to step down. It’s a mess.
If Fisher leaves, who steps in?
“We can’t, by bylaws, say who is going to be the president; that would have to go to a vote,” Evans said. “Chris Paul’s name may circulate as one of the players who could fulfill that role, given that he’s a younger player (at 26), on the executive committee and played a huge role during the lockout. He has the respect of a lot of players.”
We are a long, long way from that vote. But it’s something to watch.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19