Apr 24, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
From the day that Golden State brought in Bob Myers, he was the general manager apparent. He was going to work with existing GM Larry Riley for a while, but it was going to be his job.
Well, now it is, the warriors made it official. Here is the tweet from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Warriors announce they’ve promoted asst. GM Bob Myers to GM. Larry Riley remains with team as director of scouting.
Golden State’s new owners have been aggressive in trying to change the fortunes of a franchise that has been to the playoffs once in 17 years. Myers is the guy executing that. Despite the best efforts of his team tanking, the Warriors will not have a first round pick this draft.
The Warriors have rolled the dice on health for next season — Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut both had ankle surgery this week. If next fall both are back healthy and close to their games of a few years back this becomes a potential playoff team with some good pieces in the West. If they don’t bounce back… well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5