Apr 24, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
From the day that Golden State brought in Bob Myers, he was the general manager apparent. He was going to work with existing GM Larry Riley for a while, but it was going to be his job.
Well, now it is, the warriors made it official. Here is the tweet from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Warriors announce they’ve promoted asst. GM Bob Myers to GM. Larry Riley remains with team as director of scouting.
Golden State’s new owners have been aggressive in trying to change the fortunes of a franchise that has been to the playoffs once in 17 years. Myers is the guy executing that. Despite the best efforts of his team tanking, the Warriors will not have a first round pick this draft.
The Warriors have rolled the dice on health for next season — Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut both had ankle surgery this week. If next fall both are back healthy and close to their games of a few years back this becomes a potential playoff team with some good pieces in the West. If they don’t bounce back… well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21