Apr 24, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
From the day that Golden State brought in Bob Myers, he was the general manager apparent. He was going to work with existing GM Larry Riley for a while, but it was going to be his job.
Well, now it is, the warriors made it official. Here is the tweet from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Warriors announce they’ve promoted asst. GM Bob Myers to GM. Larry Riley remains with team as director of scouting.
Golden State’s new owners have been aggressive in trying to change the fortunes of a franchise that has been to the playoffs once in 17 years. Myers is the guy executing that. Despite the best efforts of his team tanking, the Warriors will not have a first round pick this draft.
The Warriors have rolled the dice on health for next season — Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut both had ankle surgery this week. If next fall both are back healthy and close to their games of a few years back this becomes a potential playoff team with some good pieces in the West. If they don’t bounce back… well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 0
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 4
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40