Apr 24, 2012, 6:02 PM EST
From the day that Golden State brought in Bob Myers, he was the general manager apparent. He was going to work with existing GM Larry Riley for a while, but it was going to be his job.
Well, now it is, the warriors made it official. Here is the tweet from Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.
Warriors announce they’ve promoted asst. GM Bob Myers to GM. Larry Riley remains with team as director of scouting.
Golden State’s new owners have been aggressive in trying to change the fortunes of a franchise that has been to the playoffs once in 17 years. Myers is the guy executing that. Despite the best efforts of his team tanking, the Warriors will not have a first round pick this draft.
The Warriors have rolled the dice on health for next season — Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut both had ankle surgery this week. If next fall both are back healthy and close to their games of a few years back this becomes a potential playoff team with some good pieces in the West. If they don’t bounce back… well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5