Apr 23, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
To that end — or maybe as a red flag about those hopes, depending on how you view it — both Bogut and Curry are going to have ankle surgery this Wednesday in Los Angeles, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
Bogut’s surgery means he will not be able to play for his native Australia in the London Olympics this summer.
Bogut fractured his ankle back in January, before the Warriors traded for him. Bogut tweeted the news that he was going to have arthroscopic surgery and said it was to have his ankle “cleaned out.”
“There are appear to be some small, loose particles and even possibly some scar tissue that can be cleaned out with as a scope,” (Warriors GM Larry) Riley said. “And therefore give him the best chance to have a great summer and be fully recovered probably within six weeks.
Curry has had trouble with his right ankle for a couple seasons. He had surgery last summer to tighten the ligaments in his ankle but the problems persisted this season.
“The MRIs are conclusive to some degree but not totally conclusive,” Riley said of previous tests. “The advice of the doctors is we will know best if we do a scope and take a look at it and see if there’s anything that needs to be done from there.
“Steph did everything he possibly could to try to get ready to play. It’s just recently all of us decided that this would give us the appropriate amount of time that’s needed to take care of that surgery and do everything we can not to compromise next season.”
Curry hopes to be back and practicing with the Warriors’ Summer League team in Las Vegas starting July 13.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay