Apr 23, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
To that end — or maybe as a red flag about those hopes, depending on how you view it — both Bogut and Curry are going to have ankle surgery this Wednesday in Los Angeles, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
Bogut’s surgery means he will not be able to play for his native Australia in the London Olympics this summer.
Bogut fractured his ankle back in January, before the Warriors traded for him. Bogut tweeted the news that he was going to have arthroscopic surgery and said it was to have his ankle “cleaned out.”
“There are appear to be some small, loose particles and even possibly some scar tissue that can be cleaned out with as a scope,” (Warriors GM Larry) Riley said. “And therefore give him the best chance to have a great summer and be fully recovered probably within six weeks.
Curry has had trouble with his right ankle for a couple seasons. He had surgery last summer to tighten the ligaments in his ankle but the problems persisted this season.
“The MRIs are conclusive to some degree but not totally conclusive,” Riley said of previous tests. “The advice of the doctors is we will know best if we do a scope and take a look at it and see if there’s anything that needs to be done from there.
“Steph did everything he possibly could to try to get ready to play. It’s just recently all of us decided that this would give us the appropriate amount of time that’s needed to take care of that surgery and do everything we can not to compromise next season.”
Curry hopes to be back and practicing with the Warriors’ Summer League team in Las Vegas starting July 13.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 51
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18