Apr 23, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Philadelphia picked up a big, hard-fought, playoff style overtime win over the Pacers Saturday night. With it the Sixers likely put themselves in the playoffs (they need one more win, but play the Nets Monday so that should be the win they need).
Coach Doug Collins was in playoff form and let the officials know what he thought of their work in no uncertain terms.
The league responded Monday with a $15,000 fine for Collins for abuse of an official.
If that fine comes with a trip to the playoffs, Collins will happily pay it… well, not happily but it will sting a lot less.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8