Apr 23, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Philadelphia picked up a big, hard-fought, playoff style overtime win over the Pacers Saturday night. With it the Sixers likely put themselves in the playoffs (they need one more win, but play the Nets Monday so that should be the win they need).
Coach Doug Collins was in playoff form and let the officials know what he thought of their work in no uncertain terms.
The league responded Monday with a $15,000 fine for Collins for abuse of an official.
If that fine comes with a trip to the playoffs, Collins will happily pay it… well, not happily but it will sting a lot less.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 70
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32