Apr 23, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
Philadelphia picked up a big, hard-fought, playoff style overtime win over the Pacers Saturday night. With it the Sixers likely put themselves in the playoffs (they need one more win, but play the Nets Monday so that should be the win they need).
Coach Doug Collins was in playoff form and let the officials know what he thought of their work in no uncertain terms.
The league responded Monday with a $15,000 fine for Collins for abuse of an official.
If that fine comes with a trip to the playoffs, Collins will happily pay it… well, not happily but it will sting a lot less.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 18
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 15
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20