Apr 23, 2012, 8:17 PM EDT
Well…. never mind.
Horford met with a doctor then contacted Spears again with a change of mind.
Al Horford changes mind telling Yahoo! he will return to action in limited fashion 4/26 vs DAL after doc meeting. The Hawks forward-center told Y! Sports in the morning he didn’t expect to return from the postseason due to pectoral injury suffered earlier this season. But doctor told him some pectoral weakness is normal and not to be fearful of it, which led Horford to changing his mind and becoming more confident for return. He will play about 15 minutes per game in 1st round.
If the Hawks are to have any chance against the Celtics, they are going to need Horford. The Hawks offense has struggled this season against the elite defenses — the Celtics are certainly that — and part of it is that Joe Johnson and Josh Smith can be enticed into isolations and bad shots. Horford cleans a lot of that up, seems to promote ball movement and just generally improves the offense.
Fifteen minutes a game (if they stick to that) may not be enough, but the Hawks need him to make this a serious series.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13