Apr 23, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
The MVP race is down to James and Durant — and Durant think LeBron should win it, he told the Oklahoman.
“He deserves all the love (for MVP),” said Thunder forward Kevin Durant. “He’s playing phenomenal basketball. I’m just trying to get better every single game and trying to help my team as much as I can. I’m just blessed to be in that conversation.”
Both Durant and LeBron have had fantastic seasons on the offensive end. LeBron is scoring 26.9 points per game on 52.8 percent shooting, with 8 rebounds and 6.3 assists per game. Durant is at 27.8 points per game on 50.3 percent shooting with 7.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. To me the difference is that LeBron contributes more on the defensive end for his team.
As for my first paragraph comment, I’ll just say this — after the Thunder lost to the Clippers last week the team flew to Arizona and had the next day off. Durant wanted to blow off steam and tweeted a photo and comment about being at a casino there at five in the morning. The general reaction? No biggie, he’s just blowing off steam. Which is true and fine. But if that had been LeBron in the exact same situation…
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23