Apr 23, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
The MVP race is down to James and Durant — and Durant think LeBron should win it, he told the Oklahoman.
“He deserves all the love (for MVP),” said Thunder forward Kevin Durant. “He’s playing phenomenal basketball. I’m just trying to get better every single game and trying to help my team as much as I can. I’m just blessed to be in that conversation.”
Both Durant and LeBron have had fantastic seasons on the offensive end. LeBron is scoring 26.9 points per game on 52.8 percent shooting, with 8 rebounds and 6.3 assists per game. Durant is at 27.8 points per game on 50.3 percent shooting with 7.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. To me the difference is that LeBron contributes more on the defensive end for his team.
As for my first paragraph comment, I’ll just say this — after the Thunder lost to the Clippers last week the team flew to Arizona and had the next day off. Durant wanted to blow off steam and tweeted a photo and comment about being at a casino there at five in the morning. The general reaction? No biggie, he’s just blowing off steam. Which is true and fine. But if that had been LeBron in the exact same situation…
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7