Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins has improved a number of areas of his game this year. His relationship with the referees is not one of them.
Sunday night Cousins picked up his 13th technical foul of the season, when he went face to face with Bismack Biyombo and they got called for double technical. Cousin’s reaction to have 13, according to the Sacramento Bee:
“I wasn’t trying to get a tech but that’s part of being DeMarcus Cousins,” he said.
Thirteen is the magic number this season, the limit at which players are suspended for one game.
It is likely that he appealed the final technical but unless the league rescinds it Cousins will sit out Tuesday night against Oklahoma City. The Kings would miss Cousins as he has evolved into their best player — he had 29 and 10 against the Bobcats. Sure, it’s the Bobcats but those are still good numbers. He is their focal point.
We can expect the formal announcement Tuesday.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37