Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins has improved a number of areas of his game this year. His relationship with the referees is not one of them.
Sunday night Cousins picked up his 13th technical foul of the season, when he went face to face with Bismack Biyombo and they got called for double technical. Cousin’s reaction to have 13, according to the Sacramento Bee:
“I wasn’t trying to get a tech but that’s part of being DeMarcus Cousins,” he said.
Thirteen is the magic number this season, the limit at which players are suspended for one game.
It is likely that he appealed the final technical but unless the league rescinds it Cousins will sit out Tuesday night against Oklahoma City. The Kings would miss Cousins as he has evolved into their best player — he had 29 and 10 against the Bobcats. Sure, it’s the Bobcats but those are still good numbers. He is their focal point.
We can expect the formal announcement Tuesday.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8