Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins has improved a number of areas of his game this year. His relationship with the referees is not one of them.
Sunday night Cousins picked up his 13th technical foul of the season, when he went face to face with Bismack Biyombo and they got called for double technical. Cousin’s reaction to have 13, according to the Sacramento Bee:
“I wasn’t trying to get a tech but that’s part of being DeMarcus Cousins,” he said.
Thirteen is the magic number this season, the limit at which players are suspended for one game.
It is likely that he appealed the final technical but unless the league rescinds it Cousins will sit out Tuesday night against Oklahoma City. The Kings would miss Cousins as he has evolved into their best player — he had 29 and 10 against the Bobcats. Sure, it’s the Bobcats but those are still good numbers. He is their focal point.
We can expect the formal announcement Tuesday.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1