Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins has improved a number of areas of his game this year. His relationship with the referees is not one of them.
Sunday night Cousins picked up his 13th technical foul of the season, when he went face to face with Bismack Biyombo and they got called for double technical. Cousin’s reaction to have 13, according to the Sacramento Bee:
“I wasn’t trying to get a tech but that’s part of being DeMarcus Cousins,” he said.
Thirteen is the magic number this season, the limit at which players are suspended for one game.
It is likely that he appealed the final technical but unless the league rescinds it Cousins will sit out Tuesday night against Oklahoma City. The Kings would miss Cousins as he has evolved into their best player — he had 29 and 10 against the Bobcats. Sure, it’s the Bobcats but those are still good numbers. He is their focal point.
We can expect the formal announcement Tuesday.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38