Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins has improved a number of areas of his game this year. His relationship with the referees is not one of them.
Sunday night Cousins picked up his 13th technical foul of the season, when he went face to face with Bismack Biyombo and they got called for double technical. Cousin’s reaction to have 13, according to the Sacramento Bee:
“I wasn’t trying to get a tech but that’s part of being DeMarcus Cousins,” he said.
Thirteen is the magic number this season, the limit at which players are suspended for one game.
It is likely that he appealed the final technical but unless the league rescinds it Cousins will sit out Tuesday night against Oklahoma City. The Kings would miss Cousins as he has evolved into their best player — he had 29 and 10 against the Bobcats. Sure, it’s the Bobcats but those are still good numbers. He is their focal point.
We can expect the formal announcement Tuesday.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 3
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5