Apr 22, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
That is a whole lot of follow through for something unintentional.
That blow above gave James Harden a concussion, according to Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman. Which means to get back on the court he is going to have to be cleared by the league neurologist after passing a battery of tests. That could happen before the playoffs, or maybe not. Concussions are things that heal on their own schedule, one we don’t really understand.
“On that play, I just dunked on Durant and Ibaka, and I got really emotional, really excited. And it was unfortunate that James had to get hit with the unintentional elbow. I hope he’s OK. The Thunder, they’re playing for a championship this year. So I really hope he’s OK, and I apologize to the Thunder and to James Harden. Such a great game, and it was unfortunate so much emotion was going on at that time.”
Lakers staff stepped in and made sure World Peace did not answer any reporters’ questions.
Caught up in the emotions of the moment or not, that elbow was simply unacceptable — and it was intentional. You cannot watch the video with an unbiased eye and see it any other way.
The question is how many games he is suspended (my guess is five, but more would not be a shock).
Without their third best player — and best shot creator — the Thunder went on to lose 114-106 in double overtime to the Lakers.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14