Apr 22, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
That is a whole lot of follow through for something unintentional.
That blow above gave James Harden a concussion, according to Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman. Which means to get back on the court he is going to have to be cleared by the league neurologist after passing a battery of tests. That could happen before the playoffs, or maybe not. Concussions are things that heal on their own schedule, one we don’t really understand.
“On that play, I just dunked on Durant and Ibaka, and I got really emotional, really excited. And it was unfortunate that James had to get hit with the unintentional elbow. I hope he’s OK. The Thunder, they’re playing for a championship this year. So I really hope he’s OK, and I apologize to the Thunder and to James Harden. Such a great game, and it was unfortunate so much emotion was going on at that time.”
Lakers staff stepped in and made sure World Peace did not answer any reporters’ questions.
Caught up in the emotions of the moment or not, that elbow was simply unacceptable — and it was intentional. You cannot watch the video with an unbiased eye and see it any other way.
The question is how many games he is suspended (my guess is five, but more would not be a shock).
Without their third best player — and best shot creator — the Thunder went on to lose 114-106 in double overtime to the Lakers.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights