Apr 21, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
OK, this is just nuts.
Avery Bradley‘s shoelaces came untied Friday night against the Hawks. So he stopped to tie them while the Hawks were bringing the ball up-court. And then he made a steal. In the middle of tying his shoes. What in good gravy is that?
That takes a crazy amount of concentration to read the pass while you’re trying to tie your shoes. Bradley has gone from being a fringe rookie last year who may not have stuck or could easily have been sent out at the trade deadline to a starter-caliber combo-guard with brilliant defensive skills. You want to know the value of getting drafted late into a good team? Look no further than what Doc Rivers has managed to do with Bradley.
So I’m betting he can walk and chew gum at the same time.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18