Apr 21, 2012, 5:15 PM EST
OK, this is just nuts.
Avery Bradley‘s shoelaces came untied Friday night against the Hawks. So he stopped to tie them while the Hawks were bringing the ball up-court. And then he made a steal. In the middle of tying his shoes. What in good gravy is that?
That takes a crazy amount of concentration to read the pass while you’re trying to tie your shoes. Bradley has gone from being a fringe rookie last year who may not have stuck or could easily have been sent out at the trade deadline to a starter-caliber combo-guard with brilliant defensive skills. You want to know the value of getting drafted late into a good team? Look no further than what Doc Rivers has managed to do with Bradley.
So I’m betting he can walk and chew gum at the same time.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 9
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8