Apr 21, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
OK, this is just nuts.
Avery Bradley‘s shoelaces came untied Friday night against the Hawks. So he stopped to tie them while the Hawks were bringing the ball up-court. And then he made a steal. In the middle of tying his shoes. What in good gravy is that?
That takes a crazy amount of concentration to read the pass while you’re trying to tie your shoes. Bradley has gone from being a fringe rookie last year who may not have stuck or could easily have been sent out at the trade deadline to a starter-caliber combo-guard with brilliant defensive skills. You want to know the value of getting drafted late into a good team? Look no further than what Doc Rivers has managed to do with Bradley.
So I’m betting he can walk and chew gum at the same time.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17