Apr 20, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
This foul rightfully got Robin Lopez ejected — any play on the ball was made after he made sure Blake Griffin was taken out of the play. It was excessive, he had to go for it and the flagrant II call was correct.
But… it worked. Clipper blogger Steve Perin noted it at SBN — the Clippers were up three when this happened. Griffin got two foul shots but he is a terrible free throw shooter and hit one of them. Mo Williams of the Clippers got a technical for his reaction on the play, the Suns Sebastian Telfair hit that free throw. It’s a wash. Lopez was ejected but that just brings the superior Marcin Gortat back into the game for Phoenix. The Suns played with more fire after the foul and got a win they needed. I’m not condoning the play in the least, but the fact is it worked out for the Suns.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 8
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 17
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (53)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)