Apr 20, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
This foul rightfully got Robin Lopez ejected — any play on the ball was made after he made sure Blake Griffin was taken out of the play. It was excessive, he had to go for it and the flagrant II call was correct.
But… it worked. Clipper blogger Steve Perin noted it at SBN — the Clippers were up three when this happened. Griffin got two foul shots but he is a terrible free throw shooter and hit one of them. Mo Williams of the Clippers got a technical for his reaction on the play, the Suns Sebastian Telfair hit that free throw. It’s a wash. Lopez was ejected but that just brings the superior Marcin Gortat back into the game for Phoenix. The Suns played with more fire after the foul and got a win they needed. I’m not condoning the play in the least, but the fact is it worked out for the Suns.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23