Apr 20, 2012, 1:22 AM EDT
You can’t have a true rivalry until the teams really don’t like each other — and we may be there with the Bulls and the Heat.
Thursday night’s game got a little chippy. Miami was trying to send a message — to themselves as much or more than the Bulls — that they could be physical and would not back down.
The top video is James Jones going to the face to check Joakim Noah — a foul that rightfully got him ejected. The rulebook says a flagrant II foul needs to be unnecessary and excessive, I think that qualifies.
The second video was a flagrant I for Dwyane Wade. He and Richard Hamilton had been going back and forth all night and after Hamilton gave a little push to create some space Wade decided to remind him who the bigger, stronger player is. This matchup is going to be a lot of fun in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4