Apr 20, 2012, 1:22 AM EST
You can’t have a true rivalry until the teams really don’t like each other — and we may be there with the Bulls and the Heat.
Thursday night’s game got a little chippy. Miami was trying to send a message — to themselves as much or more than the Bulls — that they could be physical and would not back down.
The top video is James Jones going to the face to check Joakim Noah — a foul that rightfully got him ejected. The rulebook says a flagrant II foul needs to be unnecessary and excessive, I think that qualifies.
The second video was a flagrant I for Dwyane Wade. He and Richard Hamilton had been going back and forth all night and after Hamilton gave a little push to create some space Wade decided to remind him who the bigger, stronger player is. This matchup is going to be a lot of fun in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 5
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 11