Apr 20, 2012, 1:22 AM EST
You can’t have a true rivalry until the teams really don’t like each other — and we may be there with the Bulls and the Heat.
Thursday night’s game got a little chippy. Miami was trying to send a message — to themselves as much or more than the Bulls — that they could be physical and would not back down.
The top video is James Jones going to the face to check Joakim Noah — a foul that rightfully got him ejected. The rulebook says a flagrant II foul needs to be unnecessary and excessive, I think that qualifies.
The second video was a flagrant I for Dwyane Wade. He and Richard Hamilton had been going back and forth all night and after Hamilton gave a little push to create some space Wade decided to remind him who the bigger, stronger player is. This matchup is going to be a lot of fun in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 0
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 25
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 6
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) 36
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (106)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)