Apr 20, 2012, 1:22 AM EST
You can’t have a true rivalry until the teams really don’t like each other — and we may be there with the Bulls and the Heat.
Thursday night’s game got a little chippy. Miami was trying to send a message — to themselves as much or more than the Bulls — that they could be physical and would not back down.
The top video is James Jones going to the face to check Joakim Noah — a foul that rightfully got him ejected. The rulebook says a flagrant II foul needs to be unnecessary and excessive, I think that qualifies.
The second video was a flagrant I for Dwyane Wade. He and Richard Hamilton had been going back and forth all night and after Hamilton gave a little push to create some space Wade decided to remind him who the bigger, stronger player is. This matchup is going to be a lot of fun in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30