Apr 20, 2012, 1:22 AM EST
You can’t have a true rivalry until the teams really don’t like each other — and we may be there with the Bulls and the Heat.
Thursday night’s game got a little chippy. Miami was trying to send a message — to themselves as much or more than the Bulls — that they could be physical and would not back down.
The top video is James Jones going to the face to check Joakim Noah — a foul that rightfully got him ejected. The rulebook says a flagrant II foul needs to be unnecessary and excessive, I think that qualifies.
The second video was a flagrant I for Dwyane Wade. He and Richard Hamilton had been going back and forth all night and after Hamilton gave a little push to create some space Wade decided to remind him who the bigger, stronger player is. This matchup is going to be a lot of fun in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Hat tip to IamaGM.com.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25