Apr 20, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Now that the lockout is over, David Stern can get back to his mission of trying to make the NBA an international brand.
The league confirmed to the Associated Press that this fall there will be preseason games in Berlin, Istanbul, Barcelona, Spain, and Milan on the European continent. There also will be games in Shanghai and Beijing in China.
These will all be preseason, no regular season games are scheduled.
The teams and dates have not been announced. However, it is believed that Orlando may be visiting Istanbul as they feature Turkish star Hedo Turkoglu. It already has been reported that the Celtics will play overseas in the preseason, and it is reported Dallas will join them. You can bet Mark Cuban is thrilled. Often these tours involve one game against a team from that continent and one against another NBA team sent over there.
The details will come when the NBA’s schedule comes out this summer.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 4
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 4
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 61
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30