Apr 20, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
On the scale of players Cleveland has lost in recent years, Lester Hudson is not that big of one — but it is a loss.
And it’s Memphis’ gain.
Hudson played pretty well for the Cavaliers, better than expected for a guy on a 10-day deal. But after not signing for the rest of the season in Cleveland — we’re not sure what happened, the Cavs officially say they decided not to re-sign him but now say there was interest — Hudson has landed with the Memphis Grizzlies. And because he was signed as a free agent and not waived by the Cavaliers, he can be part of Memphis’ playoff roster.
With the Cavs Hudson averaged 12.7 points and 2.7 assists on 39.1 percent shooting — solid numbers for a backup. He could give Memphis 10-15 solid minutes a game behind Mike Conley.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 3
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10