Apr 20, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
On the scale of players Cleveland has lost in recent years, Lester Hudson is not that big of one — but it is a loss.
And it’s Memphis’ gain.
Hudson played pretty well for the Cavaliers, better than expected for a guy on a 10-day deal. But after not signing for the rest of the season in Cleveland — we’re not sure what happened, the Cavs officially say they decided not to re-sign him but now say there was interest — Hudson has landed with the Memphis Grizzlies. And because he was signed as a free agent and not waived by the Cavaliers, he can be part of Memphis’ playoff roster.
With the Cavs Hudson averaged 12.7 points and 2.7 assists on 39.1 percent shooting — solid numbers for a backup. He could give Memphis 10-15 solid minutes a game behind Mike Conley.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7