Apr 20, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• While we’re talking about the Knicks center, with Dwight Howard out for the Olympics, Chandler almost certainly gets that roster spot. There has some people talking about an Andrew Bynum call up, but with international ball need bigs who can shoot the midrange or longer. Look for a lot of Chandler then Bosh/Love at the five and LeBron/’Melo at the four.
• The Knicks are about to sign Dan Gadzuric and waive Bill Walker. Yup, that should solve all their problems. Gadzuric spent the season in the D-League not blowing anyone’s doors off.
• Chris Paul is playing through a sore thumb he got in the game against Denver Wednesday.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)