Apr 20, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Derrick Rose has taken a couple weeks to recover from his ankle problems. Part of that was the Bulls didn’t want or need to rush him back — they are still the top seed in the East, and what matters come the playoffs is a healthy Rose.
Rose’s recovery has been slowed by fluid around the tendons in his ankles, and that could fall back on improper ankle taping by the Bulls medical staff, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
Among those issues is the fact that Rose’s most recent ailments-a sprained right ankle and sore right foot-were exacerbated by the team’s training staff’s insistence on taping his ankles, a practice Rose has consistently fought against, opting instead for ankle braces.
First reported during the nationally-televised broadcast of the Bulls’ Thursday-evening loss at Miami, Rose has suffered fluid build-up in his ankles, which the player himself acknowledged before the team’s Wednesday morning shootaround in Charlotte, but the cause is reportedly his ankles being taped too tightly.
As you would expect, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau denies that is the issue, praising the medical staff. You can expect others to come to the staff’s defense soon.
I am not going to play doctor here and say who is in the right — I don’t know. But if Rose wants to wear braces, what’s the issue?
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18