Apr 20, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
Derrick Rose has taken a couple weeks to recover from his ankle problems. Part of that was the Bulls didn’t want or need to rush him back — they are still the top seed in the East, and what matters come the playoffs is a healthy Rose.
Rose’s recovery has been slowed by fluid around the tendons in his ankles, and that could fall back on improper ankle taping by the Bulls medical staff, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
Among those issues is the fact that Rose’s most recent ailments-a sprained right ankle and sore right foot-were exacerbated by the team’s training staff’s insistence on taping his ankles, a practice Rose has consistently fought against, opting instead for ankle braces.
First reported during the nationally-televised broadcast of the Bulls’ Thursday-evening loss at Miami, Rose has suffered fluid build-up in his ankles, which the player himself acknowledged before the team’s Wednesday morning shootaround in Charlotte, but the cause is reportedly his ankles being taped too tightly.
As you would expect, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau denies that is the issue, praising the medical staff. You can expect others to come to the staff’s defense soon.
I am not going to play doctor here and say who is in the right — I don’t know. But if Rose wants to wear braces, what’s the issue?
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10