Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Wilson Chandler arrived late and is leaving early.
He missed the start of the NBA season after signing to play in China during the NBA lockout. When the Chinese season ended he signed on to play with the Denver Nuggets… but now he is out for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.
It’s a hip injury, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler tried to play with his injured hip on Sunday and afterward described it as “no explosiveness and playing with pain.”
On Wednesday, the team decided it was best that Chandler sit out the rest of the season, preparing for surgery on the labral tear in his left hip.
Chandler will not be around for the Nuggets first round playoff loss, but he should be ready to go next training camp.
And before you say “just another injury due to the lockout” you should know that injuries are actually down this season compared to last.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23