Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Wilson Chandler arrived late and is leaving early.
He missed the start of the NBA season after signing to play in China during the NBA lockout. When the Chinese season ended he signed on to play with the Denver Nuggets… but now he is out for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.
It’s a hip injury, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler tried to play with his injured hip on Sunday and afterward described it as “no explosiveness and playing with pain.”
On Wednesday, the team decided it was best that Chandler sit out the rest of the season, preparing for surgery on the labral tear in his left hip.
Chandler will not be around for the Nuggets first round playoff loss, but he should be ready to go next training camp.
And before you say “just another injury due to the lockout” you should know that injuries are actually down this season compared to last.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43