Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Wilson Chandler arrived late and is leaving early.
He missed the start of the NBA season after signing to play in China during the NBA lockout. When the Chinese season ended he signed on to play with the Denver Nuggets… but now he is out for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.
It’s a hip injury, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler tried to play with his injured hip on Sunday and afterward described it as “no explosiveness and playing with pain.”
On Wednesday, the team decided it was best that Chandler sit out the rest of the season, preparing for surgery on the labral tear in his left hip.
Chandler will not be around for the Nuggets first round playoff loss, but he should be ready to go next training camp.
And before you say “just another injury due to the lockout” you should know that injuries are actually down this season compared to last.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 45
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23