Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Wilson Chandler arrived late and is leaving early.
He missed the start of the NBA season after signing to play in China during the NBA lockout. When the Chinese season ended he signed on to play with the Denver Nuggets… but now he is out for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.
It’s a hip injury, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler tried to play with his injured hip on Sunday and afterward described it as “no explosiveness and playing with pain.”
On Wednesday, the team decided it was best that Chandler sit out the rest of the season, preparing for surgery on the labral tear in his left hip.
Chandler will not be around for the Nuggets first round playoff loss, but he should be ready to go next training camp.
And before you say “just another injury due to the lockout” you should know that injuries are actually down this season compared to last.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25