Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 PM EDT
Wilson Chandler arrived late and is leaving early.
He missed the start of the NBA season after signing to play in China during the NBA lockout. When the Chinese season ended he signed on to play with the Denver Nuggets… but now he is out for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.
It’s a hip injury, reports the Denver Post.
Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler tried to play with his injured hip on Sunday and afterward described it as “no explosiveness and playing with pain.”
On Wednesday, the team decided it was best that Chandler sit out the rest of the season, preparing for surgery on the labral tear in his left hip.
Chandler will not be around for the Nuggets first round playoff loss, but he should be ready to go next training camp.
And before you say “just another injury due to the lockout” you should know that injuries are actually down this season compared to last.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6