Apr 19, 2012, 8:27 AM EST
It was a wild end to the first half in South Beach — the Raptors make a nice play to get the steal and the bucket in transition. Usually this is where you see the short inbounds pass, a guy dribble until just after the buzzer (so the shot doesn’t count on his stats) then he heaves a 3/4 court shot.
Not the Heat. Mike Miller takes the inbound and throws an ill-advised football pass to the other end that should have been intercepted but LeBron James grabs it out of the air, drives and scores. Not a well designed play, not a smart play, but that’s what having superior athletes can do for you.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 8
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 6
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)