Apr 19, 2012, 11:17 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Miami’s big three as depicted in gigantic foam statues (picture to the right). The word you are looking for is creepy.
• The corner three is one of the most efficient shots on the floor — teams that make a lot win a lot, teams that defend it well win a lot, also. Here are the guys who take most of their threes from the corner.
• Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen with an odd response to an unflattering column in a Portland paper.
• As societal attitudes shift, do you view athletes who use marijuana differently.
• They are talking tanking at Grantland, and really you can’t rail against how the Warriors and a few other teams treating this season enough.
• The Wizards are shutting down Andre Blatche for the season. Will anybody notice?
• Bucks coach Scott Skiles has put his home up for sale in Milwaukee, according to a note at Sheridanhoops.com. Read into that what you will, but can you really see Skiles coaching a Monta Ellis/Brandon Jennings backcourt?
• What do you think it is like to be an NBA beat writer? One of the best — Kevin Ding, who covers the Lakers for the Orange County Register — answers some questions.
• The lawsuit NBA writer Chris Sheridan filed against Peter Vecsey of the New York Post has been settled.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (48)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)