Carmelo Anthony has a giant painting of himself hanging over his fireplace, because of course he does
Apr 19, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
From the always-hilarious Dan Devine of Yahoo! Sports’ Ball Don’t Lie Blog:
Carmelo Anthony‘s wife, La La Anthony (née Vazquez), recently spoke with the New York Post about her reality TV show, her role in the upcoming film “Think Like a Man,” and the couple’s place in the Hell’s Kitchen section of Manhattan. The only piece of critical information in the Post’s story is that, as you can see above, the Anthonys have a huge painting of Carmelo Anthony’s head hanging above their fireplace.
From the Post:
How much input has Carmelo had in the design of your home or did you manage the project yourself?
Believe it or not, he has more input and gets more involved than I do. He was really into working with the decorator, Alicia Darby, who also decorated our home in LA.
Have you recently purchased any artwork? What is your favorite piece?
This past Christmas, we purchased a huge, modern picture of my husband from the artist Paul Gerben, whose studio is located in SoHo. It was great to be directly in touch with the artist himself, which enabled us to create this fantastic, very large and abstract piece that we love.
We could try and look at this painting as some sort of window into Anthony’s true character, or we could just come to the agreement that putting a giant purple painting of yourself in a tuxedo and sunglasses above your fireplace is hilarious. I prefer the latter, if only because I like imagining how awkward it must be for the Anthony family’s houseguests when they have to compliment the giant purple painting of Carmelo staring at them behind sunglasses.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 6
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record