Carmelo Anthony has a giant painting of himself hanging over his fireplace, because of course he does
Apr 19, 2012, 4:23 PM EST
From the always-hilarious Dan Devine of Yahoo! Sports’ Ball Don’t Lie Blog:
Carmelo Anthony‘s wife, La La Anthony (née Vazquez), recently spoke with the New York Post about her reality TV show, her role in the upcoming film “Think Like a Man,” and the couple’s place in the Hell’s Kitchen section of Manhattan. The only piece of critical information in the Post’s story is that, as you can see above, the Anthonys have a huge painting of Carmelo Anthony’s head hanging above their fireplace.
From the Post:
How much input has Carmelo had in the design of your home or did you manage the project yourself?
Believe it or not, he has more input and gets more involved than I do. He was really into working with the decorator, Alicia Darby, who also decorated our home in LA.
Have you recently purchased any artwork? What is your favorite piece?
This past Christmas, we purchased a huge, modern picture of my husband from the artist Paul Gerben, whose studio is located in SoHo. It was great to be directly in touch with the artist himself, which enabled us to create this fantastic, very large and abstract piece that we love.
We could try and look at this painting as some sort of window into Anthony’s true character, or we could just come to the agreement that putting a giant purple painting of yourself in a tuxedo and sunglasses above your fireplace is hilarious. I prefer the latter, if only because I like imagining how awkward it must be for the Anthony family’s houseguests when they have to compliment the giant purple painting of Carmelo staring at them behind sunglasses.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12