Apr 18, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of rest, the Heat players will get some down the stretch, too.
• A visual representation of what a great statistical year LeBron James is having. Also, how bad Jason Collins is.
• Here’s an interesting two part Q&A with Jim Buss, the guy running the show for the Lakers now. I’ll say this for him: He has realized that he can’t be a recluse and has to establish some kind of openness and trust with the fan base.
• Chris Paul went with his family to a Dodger game in Los Angeles and when shown on the big screen was booed by the fans. The Clippers are gaining converts, but LA is still a Lakers town at its core.
• Atlanta’s WNBA team the Dream drafted an ineligible player this week during the WNBA draft. Well done.
• NBA players and the ritual of sleep and naps. Plus, as an interesting side notes, games lost to injuries are way up this season.
May 22, 2015, 2:17 AM EDT
James Harden has been nothing short of brilliant for two games.
May 22, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
Harden scores 38 points, just misses triple-double
May 21, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Donaghy was sent to prison for betting on NBA games while he was employed as a league official.
May 21, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Golden State was rolling early in Game 2.
May 21, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The seven-footer may be a top-five selection.
May 21, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Thomas is now running New York’s WNBA team, but many feel it’s just a matter of time before he’s back in some capacity with the Knicks.
LeBron James after tweaking his ankle by stepping on cameraman: ‘His foot was out further than it should be’
May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Tough to tell, but either way, too many people are too close to the action.
May 21, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This is now a team without its two best wing defenders.
May 21, 2015, 5:47 PM EDT
The front office reacted like fans.
May 21, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
If the NBA gave points for degree of difficulty, how much more valuable would he be?
May 21, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Evans should be good to go by the start of training camp next season.
May 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Lakers fans feel the basketball gods owed them after a few brutal years of injuries; fans of 29 other NBA teams would beg to differ.
May 21, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Gentry interviewed for the position on Monday.
May 21, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
May 21, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
A report surfaced Wednesday suggesting they were planning on pursuing the Bulls coach.
May 21, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
May 21, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Huge break for the Hawks.
May 21, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol and James Harden round out the first team.
May 21, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Carlisle is an excellent coach, but this type of job security is nearly unprecedented
May 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Nor should he
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10