Apr 18, 2012, 11:14 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of rest, the Heat players will get some down the stretch, too.
• A visual representation of what a great statistical year LeBron James is having. Also, how bad Jason Collins is.
• Here’s an interesting two part Q&A with Jim Buss, the guy running the show for the Lakers now. I’ll say this for him: He has realized that he can’t be a recluse and has to establish some kind of openness and trust with the fan base.
• Chris Paul went with his family to a Dodger game in Los Angeles and when shown on the big screen was booed by the fans. The Clippers are gaining converts, but LA is still a Lakers town at its core.
• Atlanta’s WNBA team the Dream drafted an ineligible player this week during the WNBA draft. Well done.
• NBA players and the ritual of sleep and naps. Plus, as an interesting side notes, games lost to injuries are way up this season.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 0
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 26
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29