Apr 18, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of rest, the Heat players will get some down the stretch, too.
• A visual representation of what a great statistical year LeBron James is having. Also, how bad Jason Collins is.
• Here’s an interesting two part Q&A with Jim Buss, the guy running the show for the Lakers now. I’ll say this for him: He has realized that he can’t be a recluse and has to establish some kind of openness and trust with the fan base.
• Chris Paul went with his family to a Dodger game in Los Angeles and when shown on the big screen was booed by the fans. The Clippers are gaining converts, but LA is still a Lakers town at its core.
• Atlanta’s WNBA team the Dream drafted an ineligible player this week during the WNBA draft. Well done.
• NBA players and the ritual of sleep and naps. Plus, as an interesting side notes, games lost to injuries are way up this season.
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 5
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25