Warriors make it official: Stephen Curry done for season

Apr 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT

stephen curry Getty Images

This was not a surprise in the least, but now it is official — Stephen Curry is shut down for the season by the Warriors, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.

Curry played in just 26 games for the Warriors this season, battling an ankle issue that plagued him at the end of last season as well.

Warriors’ general manager Larry Riley said Curry met with team doctors after Monday’s game against the Spurs and was told the injured right ankle is “making progress.” However, doctors also said Curry’s ankle was not yet 100 percent, meaning he won’t return for any of the team’s remaining six games.

Golden State has rolled the dice on health for next season. Curry and Andrew Bogut should be their two best players, but both have battled injuries the past few seasons. In both cases these are injuries that should not be chronic — they could recover from and be close to themselves. However, if they do not Golden State will continue to be on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

1. heat256 - Apr 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM

How many years can the Warriors tank and not screw up their picks? If I were a top flight guy, I’d pee myself if I was slotted to them. They are turning into the Clippers (not the good Clippers, but the so so bad Clippers of a few years ago).

• phaden27 - Apr 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

The only thing I can think is that “so so bad” eventually leads to a #1 pick. Pretty crappy for the fans though….

2. babyjesus69 - Apr 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Their moves never surprise me anymore. This is the same franchise that kept Don Nelson over Chris Webber!

3. 00maltliquor - Apr 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

How is this news? I thought this was already known.

4. lastdukestreetking - Apr 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Tankapalooza!!!

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches