Apr 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Curry played in just 26 games for the Warriors this season, battling an ankle issue that plagued him at the end of last season as well.
Warriors’ general manager Larry Riley said Curry met with team doctors after Monday’s game against the Spurs and was told the injured right ankle is “making progress.” However, doctors also said Curry’s ankle was not yet 100 percent, meaning he won’t return for any of the team’s remaining six games.
Golden State has rolled the dice on health for next season. Curry and Andrew Bogut should be their two best players, but both have battled injuries the past few seasons. In both cases these are injuries that should not be chronic — they could recover from and be close to themselves. However, if they do not Golden State will continue to be on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41