Video: TNT and Linkin Park get you fired up for playoffs

Apr 18, 2012, 3:14 PM EST

The fine folks at TNT have cut the new Linkin Park single into a playoffs promo — this should get you fired up for the postseason. I’m beyond pumped now. I’m ready to go shove J.J. Barea to the ground…. wait, bad example. But you get the idea.

After a hectic roller-coaster season of a season, the playoffs are a welcome return to normalcy. Busy, intense, but not with 14 games a night. (Don’t laugh, there are 14 games Wednesday.) Plus no more filler, just the best on the best. It is going to be fun. And now I’m more geeked.

Thanks to Billy Zureikat (@Thagoods22) for pointing me to this.

1. danielcp0303 - Apr 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Linkin Park has never fired me up, it only makes me realize how meaningless it is to scream all of the time. Sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and calm down, vocal cords can become a serious problem.

• mikeewright7 - Apr 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM

LMAO thats funny danielcp0303

• deadeyedesign23 - Apr 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM

The only thing Linkin Park has ever fired em up to do is to drive nails through my eyeballs.

2. illegalblues - Apr 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

nothing says NBA playoffs like a whiny alt-rock band.

• gocubsgo91 - Apr 18, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Cause you’d much rather get fired up by some Lil Wayne or Nicki Minaj right?

• illegalblues - Apr 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

obviously that’s what i would choose. obviously

3. illegalblues - Apr 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

shoulda got the tupac hologram to rep this out

• mikeewright7 - Apr 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

LMAO thats even funnier OMg lol

4. JB (the original) - Apr 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Shouldn’t there be giant, transforming, basketball playing robots with explosions somewhere in there? Or does Michael Bay work exclusively with FOX?

5. lmoneyfresh - Apr 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Man, the 2000 playoffs are gonna be awesome! Oh wait, they’re hiring linkin park for this year’s playoffs? About 12 years late NBA…

• gocubsgo91 - Apr 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM

That’s freakin sweet. Thank you NBA for not going back to some dumb hip hop artist like Nicki Minaj or Lil Wayne. A legit band that won’t disappoint. To all the LP haters out there, I’m just wandering who else you would rather have than a band that has some real credentials and some real lyrics and artistry involved in what they do. Also… I love that Blake Griffin is in this video so much. Thanks NBA, we get it. Blake Griffin can dunk. That’s it. His team is not a legitimate contender in the West and anyone who would say they are is a Clippers fan. Go Bulls.

• cosanostra71 - Apr 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM

there’s such a thing as a Clippers fan?

6. lmoneyfresh - Apr 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I think the linkin park fan club has run through this post. I’ve never seen so many people that are defending such an awful band. Thumbs down for everybody!

7. kilo0986 - Apr 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Man this gets me hyped!! Im ready to go tell Kurt and lebron how does my dirk taste!!! Oh wait bad example

8. lyndseymarieee - Apr 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Good to see that Linkin Park is making the EXACT same music they were making 12 years ago.

• lmoneyfresh - Apr 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Be careful, apparently all 10 linkin park fans frequent this blog. They’ve been throwing “thumb downs” around all over the place to anybody who speaks ill of this glorious band who has, “real credentials and some real lyrics and artistry involved”

RapRock, as a genre is real deep man. Real deep.

9. illegalblues - Apr 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM

this band is the bobcats of music. straight homeboys buying albums from best buy listen to this junk

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches