Apr 18, 2012, 8:53 AM EST
From the opening tip against the Celtics Carmelo Anthony was a man possessed, playing physical through contact but also with his head on a swivel and hitting open teammates. Plus, like every other Knick on Tuesday night, he couldn’t seem to miss.
The Knicks are his team now and he is showing that he can put them on his back and take them into the playoffs and make them a tough out there. We saw flashes of this kind of play from ‘Melo in Denver. Knick fans, don’t worry about how long it can last or how to incorporate Amare Stoudemire in the mix, just enjoy the show. Runs like the one Anthony is one don’t come along every day.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 9
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36