Apr 18, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
From the opening tip against the Celtics Carmelo Anthony was a man possessed, playing physical through contact but also with his head on a swivel and hitting open teammates. Plus, like every other Knick on Tuesday night, he couldn’t seem to miss.
The Knicks are his team now and he is showing that he can put them on his back and take them into the playoffs and make them a tough out there. We saw flashes of this kind of play from ‘Melo in Denver. Knick fans, don’t worry about how long it can last or how to incorporate Amare Stoudemire in the mix, just enjoy the show. Runs like the one Anthony is one don’t come along every day.
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 15
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4