Apr 18, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
It looked like a pretty nasty fall when it happened — in the second half of the Celtics loss to the Knicks Rajon Rondo took a hard fall. Contacted in the air, he landed flat on his back.
He played after that but sat out Wednesday’s Celtics game against the Magic, and Doc Rivers said he likely will be out Friday night in a key game against the Hawks, a game that could have big impact on playoff seedings.
Here is what Rivers told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com after Tuesday’s game:
“I saw how he hit. I didn’t think he was hurt as far as career-something,” Rivers said. “I just knew he would have a deep bruise. We’ve all fallen, and it was a hard fall….
“Listen, I’m looking at the playoffs,” Rivers said. “This game … I’d rather have Rondo healthy.”
Ray Allen was also out for the Celtics against the Magic.
We’ll keep an eye on this, but getting Rondo healthy and a little rest at this point in the season is not the worst thing ever.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars