Apr 17, 2012, 8:07 AM EST
It took three overtimes for the Jazz to beat the Mavericks 123-121 on Monday, a win that kept Utah’s playoff hopes alive (they are half a game back of 8 seed Phoenix) and dropped Dallas down to the 7 seed. It was a huge game and a big win for the Jazz.
But it was how they got there that was even more entertaining. It took a Paul Millsap putback to send the game to overtime. Then it was Dirk Nowitzki doing what he does to send the game to a second overtime.
On a night of important games none was more dramatic or fun to watch unfold than this one. As it has been the last few years, in a very deep Western Conference some good teams are going to miss the playoffs.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)