Apr 17, 2012, 8:07 AM EDT
It took three overtimes for the Jazz to beat the Mavericks 123-121 on Monday, a win that kept Utah’s playoff hopes alive (they are half a game back of 8 seed Phoenix) and dropped Dallas down to the 7 seed. It was a huge game and a big win for the Jazz.
But it was how they got there that was even more entertaining. It took a Paul Millsap putback to send the game to overtime. Then it was Dirk Nowitzki doing what he does to send the game to a second overtime.
On a night of important games none was more dramatic or fun to watch unfold than this one. As it has been the last few years, in a very deep Western Conference some good teams are going to miss the playoffs.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22