Apr 17, 2012, 8:07 AM EDT
It took three overtimes for the Jazz to beat the Mavericks 123-121 on Monday, a win that kept Utah’s playoff hopes alive (they are half a game back of 8 seed Phoenix) and dropped Dallas down to the 7 seed. It was a huge game and a big win for the Jazz.
But it was how they got there that was even more entertaining. It took a Paul Millsap putback to send the game to overtime. Then it was Dirk Nowitzki doing what he does to send the game to a second overtime.
On a night of important games none was more dramatic or fun to watch unfold than this one. As it has been the last few years, in a very deep Western Conference some good teams are going to miss the playoffs.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29