Apr 17, 2012, 8:07 AM EST
It took three overtimes for the Jazz to beat the Mavericks 123-121 on Monday, a win that kept Utah’s playoff hopes alive (they are half a game back of 8 seed Phoenix) and dropped Dallas down to the 7 seed. It was a huge game and a big win for the Jazz.
But it was how they got there that was even more entertaining. It took a Paul Millsap putback to send the game to overtime. Then it was Dirk Nowitzki doing what he does to send the game to a second overtime.
On a night of important games none was more dramatic or fun to watch unfold than this one. As it has been the last few years, in a very deep Western Conference some good teams are going to miss the playoffs.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 3
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41