Apr 17, 2012, 8:07 AM EDT
It took three overtimes for the Jazz to beat the Mavericks 123-121 on Monday, a win that kept Utah’s playoff hopes alive (they are half a game back of 8 seed Phoenix) and dropped Dallas down to the 7 seed. It was a huge game and a big win for the Jazz.
But it was how they got there that was even more entertaining. It took a Paul Millsap putback to send the game to overtime. Then it was Dirk Nowitzki doing what he does to send the game to a second overtime.
On a night of important games none was more dramatic or fun to watch unfold than this one. As it has been the last few years, in a very deep Western Conference some good teams are going to miss the playoffs.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29