Apr 17, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
“Hey, rook, come over here. I want you to meet Jay-Z.”
There are perks to playing with LeBron James in Miami — this kind of thing simply does not happen at Bucks games. Or at Cleveland State. After LeBron scores the final 17 Heat points to get them a win Monday night, he waves Norris Cole over so he can introduce the rookie to Jay-Z. Nice.
Things I enjoy about this video:
• When they talk in front of the cameras, LeBron and Jay-Z go “NFL coach calling in a play on the headset” and cover their mouths so there is no lip reading. My guess? They were discussing their disappointment that the Pulitzer Prize committee did not give “Swamplandia” the prize for fiction this year. (By the way, really good read if you like literature, although the neat and clean ending bothered me a little.)
• Cool of LeBron to give all that gear to the young boy.
• Just like on the court, Chris Bosh is the guy they go to only when Lebron is otherwise occupied.
(Hat tip to KD at Ball Don’t Lie)
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 12
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 22
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27