Apr 17, 2012, 7:24 PM EDT
“Hey, rook, come over here. I want you to meet Jay-Z.”
There are perks to playing with LeBron James in Miami — this kind of thing simply does not happen at Bucks games. Or at Cleveland State. After LeBron scores the final 17 Heat points to get them a win Monday night, he waves Norris Cole over so he can introduce the rookie to Jay-Z. Nice.
Things I enjoy about this video:
• When they talk in front of the cameras, LeBron and Jay-Z go “NFL coach calling in a play on the headset” and cover their mouths so there is no lip reading. My guess? They were discussing their disappointment that the Pulitzer Prize committee did not give “Swamplandia” the prize for fiction this year. (By the way, really good read if you like literature, although the neat and clean ending bothered me a little.)
• Cool of LeBron to give all that gear to the young boy.
• Just like on the court, Chris Bosh is the guy they go to only when Lebron is otherwise occupied.
(Hat tip to KD at Ball Don’t Lie)
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50