Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
Cuban said presidential candidate is ‘probably the best thing to happen to politics in a long, long time’
Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT
Could former summer-league standout fill Golden State’s need for an off-the-bench shooter?
Jul 28, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
Hint, hint, hint
Jul 28, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Dallas also reportedly talking to Salah Mejri
Jul 28, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT
Thunder power forward was scheduled to play in African exhibition game
Jul 28, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT
Miami cleared roster room for second-round pick
Jul 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
I can tell you where Batum will land next summer — whichever team offers him the most money.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
He’ll be back this fall.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
The Lakers and Knicks don’t make a ton of sense for him.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been sober four years, which is most important.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:29 PM EDT
With more number retirements in Boston on the way in a few years.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
Did Michael Jordan hijack the draft process in Charlotte again?
Jul 28, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Walker is expected to sign the bill to allocate funds for a new arena.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Batum will be a free agent next summer.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
The Nets added solid role players in addition to re-signing Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Udoh played five seasons with the Warriors, Bucks and Clippers.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
Barnes hasn’t forgotten Ibaka’s altercations with Blake Griffin.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
Garnett came out to Summer League practices to work with Towns.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The man made some plays.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Mason Plumlee with a money gun shooting $100s.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8