Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:32 AM EST
Trail Blazers center has moves – or at least a move
Mar 2, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
For some reason, Bulls fans boo this athletic feat
Mar 2, 2015, 9:07 AM EST
LeBron: ‘I have no idea why he would do that’
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He remains out for the rest of this season at least.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Well played, Rockets.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:50 AM EST
We have video evidence Brandon Bass can dunk.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:17 AM EST
Contenders will be lined up to sign him.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:36 PM EST
They played like MVP candidates.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
Harden got a technical foul for this.
Mar 1, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
As in six weeks left in the season.
Mar 1, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Jordan shot 12 free throws against the Bulls.
Mar 1, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
The deadline for McGee to be waived in order to be eligible to join another team for the playoffs is midnight Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Another hit to Chicago’s roster.
Mar 1, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Silver talked about the league one day sharing injury data at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Mar 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
A look at upcoming retro releases of the Jordan VIII, Jordan 1, Jordan XIV Low, and the Jordan VII.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Odd timing, only because fans in Phoenix have historically shown up for games against San Antonio and Los Angeles.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:33 AM EST
Beasley throws one down in his second game back with the Heat.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:22 AM EST
He will be missed.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Warriors general manager supports idea
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15