Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Sep 19, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Saunders wants the rookie to earn it.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Pietrus sat out all of last season.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Looks like Bucks head coach Jason Kidd is serious about making Antetokounmpo into a point guard.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
This will take some getting used to.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Sep 18, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Isn’t Harden the beard guru?
Sep 18, 2014, 5:51 PM EDT
I like the idea of calling him “scrappy feet” better.
Sep 18, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Chicago will likely start Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol
Sep 18, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Expect Rubio to be a restricted free agent next summer, and he may not enjoy that experience.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Knicks star said nobody wants to play for Atlanta
Sep 18, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
After a year at point guard, Oladipo should thrive for Magic this season
Sep 18, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Dirk’s not bad on guitar.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Not an expected pairing, but they can relate
Sep 18, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Spurs coach seeking sources of motivation so his team won’t repeat the letdown
Sep 18, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski defends himself after Adrian Wojnarowski paints him as opportunistic recruiter
Sep 18, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
How much longer will NBA keep pushing them?
Sep 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
After signing Glenn Robinson III, Minnesota has too many guaranteed contracts
Sep 18, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Sep 18, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Last season, Celtics traded Crawford to Warriors, who were unsatisfied with his play
Sep 18, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Bulls center didn’t fare quite as well at White Sox game
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13