Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Unfortunately, neither of them can defend anyone.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Claver played two-plus seasons with the Blazers.
Aug 29, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
The block happened in the Seattle Pro-Am game.
Aug 29, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
All in one 15-minute video.
Aug 29, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
If he develops a consistent three-point shot, it’s over.
Aug 29, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Bargnani is playing for the Italian national team.
Aug 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Bryant has appeared in every 2K game.
Aug 29, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
That’s what he does.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Sibert played four years in college.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Owning this may be better than seeing Space Jam 2 with Lebron James, if that project comes together.
Aug 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He’s a coach, a brother.” — Lakers’ co-owner Jim Buss on Byron Scott
Aug 28, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s not a coincidence you see stars like Chris Paul, LeBron James, Tim Duncan and Russell Westbrook in a highlight package like this.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Hollins’ likes to slow things down.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
It is going to be a rough year in Denver as they give the keys to the offense to a rookie point guard.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:46 PM EDT
I wouldn’t bet on him making the roster.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Will either of them take a discount for security?
Aug 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Charles Barkley talked about how he never found Dawkins in a bad mood — he was always jovial.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
Boozer is making the right play here.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
It shouldn’t linger into training camp if he doesn’t aggravate it.
Aug 28, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
What did you expect he would say?
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49