Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Jul 6, 2015, 1:51 AM EDT
He fits well with what George Karl wants to do.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:28 AM EDT
Whether regular season or Summer League, we love us some buzzer beaters.
Jul 5, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Evans won the 2012 dunk contest.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
This seems steep, they could have gotten him for less.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
The Lakers will need to move Young to clear the cap space for their other moves.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Dallas doesn’t have much to offer.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Dan Gilbert is not afraid to write checks.
Jul 5, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
The Lakers added the 2015 Sixth Man of the Year.
Jul 5, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
The Hawks signed Millsap to a max deal earlier this week.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Stuckey had a standout year for Indiana last season.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Ginobili has yet to announce his future plans.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
LeBron is going to win, Tristan Thompson is going to get his money.
Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Another guy who took less money to avoid playing in Sacramento.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
L.A. is all kinds of desperate now that DeAndre Jordan has bolted for the Mavericks.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
How will Blazers fans react when Aldridge returns?
Jul 5, 2015, 3:12 AM EDT
Quality pickup by the Kings.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:14 AM EDT
Phil Jackson gets a gold star for this move.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
McRae was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft, and is a member of Philadelphia’s Summer League squad.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Nice addition by Orlando.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
He would have to take a paycut, but Dallas needs help at the point.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48