Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
It essentially uses increased jock tax revenue to pay off the bonds.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
Shumpert dribbled it off his foot against the Thunder, then tweeted the clip.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Players like a routine, a rhythm to games, and the Lakers are chaos theory.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
The East is so bad that the Pistons are still within reach.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
This is the third consecutive year Bryant has had his season prematurely ended due to injury.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Hollins was reportedly not brought back in Memphis because of an aversion to the use of advanced statistics.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
New York doesn’t want to offer Galloway any guaranteed money for next season.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Matt Barnes intentionally fouled Danilo Gallinari late, and Shaw believes free throws should have been awarded.
Jan 27, 2015, 9:50 AM EST
Jan 27, 2015, 9:10 AM EST
Five of the six players in the field are set.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
She tweeted out a vote for him, and she has 18.8 million followers.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Then he finishes it off with a dunk of his own.
Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant?
Jan 27, 2015, 2:02 AM EST
Jamal Crawford had a monster night, too.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:36 AM EST
This was not pretty.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:00 AM EST
Galloway has played well through two 10-day contracts.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
The Pelicans blew out the Sixers.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Jan 26, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
The Nets have lost eight of their last 10.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
They will wear them on February 20.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:11 PM EST
Durant suffered the injury on Sunday in Cleveland.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 25
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7