Apr 17, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Richard Hamilton got some real burn for the Bulls Monday night, the first time since his return he exceeded 20 minutes. And he told CSNChicago.com he felt good: ““Like I’ve said, I think I can play the whole game,” Hamilton said, smiling. “Tonight was the first time that we really tested it over that 20 minutes [limit], but I felt good especially on a back-to-back, so it was a good sign.”
• Jazz guard Earl Watson is having surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee Tuesday.
• The Heat’s road game at New Jersey Monday sounded a whole lot like a Miami home game there were so many Heat fans. That included “M-V-P” chants for LeBron.
• Florida freshman shooting guard Brad Beal has declared for the NBA draft, and he will go high — DraftExpress has him as the No. 5 pick right now.
• Great thoughts from Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie on why the league will not put in a fine system for flopping.
• Teams and the league can deny tanking for draft positions at this point in the season all they want, it simply doesn’t pass the eyeball test if you watch the games. And then there are these quotes rounded up by Royce Webb at ESPN.
• The Lakers took their team picture Monday and for the first time since 1979 Jerry Buss was not in it. Only his son Jim Buss. In case you wondered who had the power in that organization.
• A recap of the Portsmouth Invitational, where some college guys with NBA dreams tried to make their case.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
This is exactly what you’ve been waiting for — a dramatic reading of Space Jam including Blake Griffin and D’Andre Jordan.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
We may not see him on the sidelines of TNT games these playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Center has $3.8 million player option
Apr 17, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
All would make strong hires
Apr 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Adidas rolls the dice on a young guard with potential. Not a bad business plan.
Apr 17, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Both are likely first round picks in the teens or early 20s.
The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next
Apr 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
What affect will Jefferson have on the development of Kemba Walker, Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Cody Zeller?
Apr 17, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Raptors fans are pumped for the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Can you blame them?
Apr 17, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Ballots show a tight race
Apr 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
It really comes down to this: Does he trust Phil Jackson and Knicks management to build a winner quickly?
Apr 17, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
You put your money where your heart is, and your heart clearly follows LeBron James and the Heat.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Bucks didn’t win back-to-back games all season
Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season
Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Kobe may be in France but he still had time to tweet Lakers fans and tell them things will be better next season.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
He is as high on some boards as No. 1, but likely goes No. 3. However no freshman near the top of this board will have a bigger immediate impact in the NBA — his offensive game is NBA ready.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
This both has been expected and is mutual, according to the buzz around the league.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Hill previously reported to be a candidate for a job
Apr 17, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Pistons forward: ‘I’ve censored myself’
Apr 17, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
Get ready for an intense playoff series
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Irving talks as if he wants to stay in Cleveland
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50